publicpower
TheShadeM

Paid news is destroying freedom

Started: 11/13/2015 Category: News

publicpower

Pro

Paid news has made the condition of public and poors worst.Even corporates are running this world.Where is democracy?
TheShadeM

Con

I shall argue that paid news does not destroy freedom.

Here is a definition from Wikipedia:
"Paid news is a phenomenon of in Indian media, that refers to the systematic engagement of mainstream media outlets in publishing favorable articles in exchange for payment. This type of news is typically sponsored by politicians, businessmen, and celebrities in order to improve their public image or accomplish political goals."

I will also assume that this is something which happens in most countries throughout the world not just India especially in countries with corrupt leaders.

REBUTTALS: My opponent said that paid news has made the condition of public and poor people worst. Really? How? How does the news affect a family's ability to earn a living or to pay their bills?

Due to the fact that my opponent has just recently signed up and is not showing much effort I feel that this debate is just a tactic to fish out arguments for an essay or something. Nevertheless...

My argument: Paid news does not destroy the people's freedom because they always have a choice of reading/watching/listening to it or not. Heck, I totally avoid some newspapers in my country. They cater to an audience of gossip lovers, no doubt there are people like that in this world. Let's not judge them.
publicpower

Pro

Paid news has made the condition of public and poors worst.Even corporates are running this world.Where is democracy?Poors are dying.Just think of those who have no money.Public needs freedom.Consumers need their rights.
publicpower

Pro

publicpower forfeited this round.
TheShadeM

Con

TheShadeM forfeited this round.