lannan13
cameronl35

Palestinian sesame street

cameronl35
Started: 1/22/2012 Category: News

lannan13

Con

We'll be agrueing the topic above. I'll be agrueing the fact it should be canceled. It will be referred to by me as PSS. Just to let you know.
round 1. acceptance
round 2-4 war of the worlds
round five summery.
cameronl35

Pro

Thanks for proposing such an interesting topic. I accept and offer the following resolution:

Resolved: The Palestinian Sesame Street show should not be cancelled.

BoP is on both sides to prove why it should or should not be cancelled.

Definitions:

Palestinian Sesame Street (PSS)- also known as Shara'a Simsim in Arabic, the PSS is a show on Palestinian television produced by Sesame Workshop that is similar to the American Sesame Street [1]

cancelled- abolish or make void [2]

I now open the floor for my opponent to post his case.

1. http://www.independent.co.uk...;

2. http://oxforddictionaries.com...;
lannan13

Con

1.they teach children to be racists
2. teach children to kill people
3. reach children genocide is okay
4. muslum mickey mouse tells kids to kill Jews
5. they've got a Jew eating rabit
6. They make more trubble showing Jew killing Mickey
We wounder why the terrorists are in the middle east. nead I go on
cameronl35

Pro

Thanks for the swift response. I will be going over what my opponent presented and then move on to a case of my own.

REBUTTAL

Unfortunately Pro seemingly doesn't know what the PSS really is. Pro states:

"1.they teach children to be racists
2. teach children to kill people
3. reach children genocide is okay
5. they've got a Jew eating rabit
We wounder why the terrorists are in the middle east. nead I go on"

Looking at this post we already see some blanket statements issued. His source for all these claims was a collection of Youtube videos. However ALL of them except for one are not even from the PSS. The show that they are from is called "Tomorrow's Pioneers" on Al-Aqsa TV. [1] Thus the only video that it is even relevant to the debate is the second one about advocating for "massacre". Now looking at it we see in the info of the Youtube video that it states that this was from PSS. However the character speaking is nowhere considered part of the PSS. Gents, this was not something that was aired on PSS. This is a misinformed video that was actually aired on "Tarabisho - the Talking Chick". See the first video for more. There is no talking chick on the Palestinian show, only Kareem and Haneen [2] as shown in the photo:

Thus at the point at which none of the videos even are from PSS, none of his claims are relevant or even close to being valid. So essentially Pro has no direct case against the PSS.

CASE

NOTE: My case will be brief since Pro provides really no case.

C1: The PSS offered a strong moral foundation and hope for children in Palestine, an area that has had decades of outrage.

Despite what Pro was discussing about other Palestinian TV shows, the PSS was one that was actually positive and was meant to teach kid morals and keep them happy. See the cheery and happy second video. The description says that "Hannen and Kareem teaching children important lessons in life."
Danny Labin, executive at the Israeli TV channel called the funding halt to the Palestinian show "extremely unfortunate". "Young children, whether Israeli or Palestinian, who are in need of educational tools to foster diversity appreciation and to prepare for life in a pluralistic society, should not be penalised or held accountable to the politics and political leadership, over which they have no control," Labin said. [3] Damien Pearse, American writer for the Guardian newspaper writes, "With its colourful band of Muppets preaching tolerance and neighbourly love, the Palestinian version of the children's television programme Sesame Street had become a beacon of hope for children in a region ravaged by decades of unrest. But the cast of peace-loving characters have now found themselves in the crossfire of a political dispute between Palestinian leaders and theUS Congress, and episodes have been axed for 2012." [4] Pro seems to misunderstand why the PSS is beginning to be cancelled. It is not because of the content of the show, it's because of US Congress problems and a "punishment" for Palestine applying for statehood. The show had a strong moral foundation and should not be cancelled. It is crystal clear, vote Pro.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...'s_Pioneers

2. http://en.wikipedia.org...;

3. http://www.cbc.ca...;

4. http://www.guardian.co.uk...;
lannan13

Con

1. my friends, if it is aired then people will see it, no mater if it was intentional or not.
2. how about this people telling children to kill america and nice try that picture is just the logo not the cariters
C1. Congress has the right to axe it. With Palestinian states now energing, they can fund it them selves. Put yourself in your parents shoes would you want your children watching a rascist violent Tv show.
More errotic stuff
1. The birds the bees and suiside
2. more suiside
3. Muslum Mickey Mouse, Blame the Jews
4. Mickey teaches kids to comit terrorism,
cameronl35

Pro

Due to studying I can only post a few sentences:

Alright so Pro yet again posts irrelevant videos. None of those are from the PSS. "Muslim" Sesame Street is not the same as PSS. He also brings up a new argument (conduct) that Congress had the right to axe it. However this does not justify on whether or not that was the correct action. Just because I have the "right" to kill someone doesn't mean that was correct. I shall elaborate in the further rounds and I open the floor for my opponent.
lannan13

Con

Shall we call tie if you don't have time?
Palestinian- people of Islam living in Israel.
so therefore Muslum is the same as a PSS
cameronl35

Pro

I will finish the debate off.

Con again doesn't even respond to a vast majority of my arguments/rebuttals so they can all be extended across the flow. He then states that Palestinian people are people of Islam, hence that is the same as Muslim Sesame Street. This is completely absurd. They are DIFFERENT shows. Even if they were both called the same thing, they are not the same show and this is not pertinent by any means. Hence my opponent still provides almost no arguments so there isn't much of point in discussing this anymore. It's clear, vote Pro.
lannan13

Con

I'll state this yet again Palestinians are Muslums
cameronl35

Pro

Unfortunately this debate has ended without the affirmative giving a single argument as to why the PSS should be cancelled. He obviously ignores all the arguments I have presented hence this debate is somewhat like a forfeit. The last few rounds have all been about how Palestinians are Muslims-great! Even if there were two shows called Sesame Street we have to look to the ACTUAL show, not whatever similar trait they share in common (religion). The fact of the matter is Pro never explains why the ACTUAL PSS should be cancelled, but rather other Middle-Eastern shows. Thus it is quite obvious that the helpful and cheerful Palestinian Sesame Street should not be cancelled. I strongly urge a vote for Pro.
Posted by cameronl35 5 years ago
cameronl35
I guess it shouldn't be entirely "cancelled" so I will accept
Posted by cameronl35 5 years ago
cameronl35
Well it mainly comes down to the budget problem....the show was great for the palestenian people
Vote Placed by Neonix 5 years ago
Neonix
lannan13cameronl35Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Near Votebomb. Con used misleading material, warped the resolution and failed to spell check. It was a poorly furnished lie. The videos are pretty intense though. I'll give Con that much.
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
lannan13cameronl35Tied
Reasons for voting decision: We got faulty arguments by the con, poor use of sources by the con, and absolutely horrif spelling by the con...
Vote Placed by larztheloser 5 years ago
larztheloser
lannan13cameronl35Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's arguments were firstly incomplete, and secondly (as pro showed) factually wrong. Pro had only one argument, but in this particular debate it was enough to meet their BOP. Pro also had accurate sources and the conduct thing is for the entire section labelled "more errotic stuff".
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
lannan13cameronl35Tied
Reasons for voting decision: For arguments pro was more thorough and had sourced info making him more convincing. Also he had sources hence the source point. Also cons arguments where just a few sentences.