Pansexual is the same as bisexual

Hello and thanks for accepting my debate! I am against the fact that pansexual is the same as bisexual. The first round is for ACCEPTANCE.

I Accept. This will be interesting

Word origins and meanings:
Pan- : from a Greek term meaning "all" or "every"

Bi- : also from a Greek term, meaning "two"

"Bisexuality implies a potential for romantic/sexual attraction to either both genders (man and woman) or both sexes (male and female). The literal definition of the word does not include inter-sex or gender nonconforming people the way that pan-sexuality does."

"Bisexual is being sexually attracted to both genders, male and female, while pan-sexual is being capable of having romantic feelings and attraction to males, females, and third gendered individuals."

"Bisexual identity more so establishes attraction to both genders, whereas pan-sexual identity more so recognizes the existence of other genders (third genders) and the capacity to be sexually attracted to individuals identifying as these various genders."

"The bisexual and pan-sexual communities have their own flags, colors, and ideologies.
Pan sexual identity is more accommodating for individuals who engage in relationships with people of varying genders and sexualities."

My quotes have clearly stated that bisexuality is not the same as pan-sexuality. As bisexuality is only the attraction of boys and girls, ad pan-sexuality is the attraction to all genders and identities.

There is no such thing as true sexuality, we are only varying degrees of Pansexual. If you took a bisexual person and showed them a picture of say this model ( I Believe most of them would find her attractive.

The problem with that? That specific woman is transgendered, she was born a man. I considered myself a heterosexual cisgendered man, but if I saw a woman like that at party, I'd hit on her most likely, but if I found out she was transgendered I'd run into a real dilemma, eh?

Same thing can be applied for a lot of stuff, transvestites, intersex, hermaphodites, and more can be VERY Attractive and convincing, and there's at least one model of the above mentioned "other" genders I'm SURE A Bisexual, Straight or Gay Person would be attracted to, so in the end there really is no single sexuality, all just varying degrees of pansexuality.

What you are saying is not on topic for this debate. We are talking about the difference between bisexuality and pan sexuality. It dosent make sense that you are talking about how "gender dosent exist" even though it does. I am not getting off topic and contradicting myself to explain my reasonings.

I'm not saying gender doesn't exist, I'm saying sexuality doesn't really if you think about it, which would mean bisexual is really just pansexual. Instead of refuting any of my arguments, you sorta claimed it was off topic and pretended like my point was invalid. You definitely could've used the last argument better
Posted by YaHey 2 years ago
It's not general attraction, but SEXUAL attraction. As in, whether or not you want to have sex knowing the person's gender identity. Just because I may be attracted to guys, doesn't mean I can't recognize when a woman is attractive.
Posted by ColePanell 2 years ago
This isn't going to be easy as this is based off of a single philosophy, but I think I can convince you that sexuality is a myth.

Also, on the "fact" thing, a "fact" isn't something that is true, it's something that can be proven or disproven, versus an opinion, which can't either way. For example, "The Sky is Yellow" isn't an opinion, it's a fact because you can look outside and see the blue.
Posted by YaHey 2 years ago
Not to suggest that bisexulaity/pansexuality is equal to or even comparable to child molestation, of course.
Posted by YaHey 2 years ago
Perverted... Hmm... Kind of like the Catholics and Protestants molesting children, right LMGIG?
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
perverted is the same as perverted
Posted by SocialismBeatsGreed 2 years ago
discomfiting, that is a great point. Someone could snipe this one by arguing that saboosa contradicts his/herself early by saying that it is a fact, and then saying that it is incorrect. Saboosa acknowledged that it was a fact, so what is there to debate? You might not win the debate since it could be argued that saboosa clearly didn't mean that it was a fact, but it was a big mistake to even open the door to that argument.
Posted by saboosa 2 years ago
Discomfiting, your overthinking the statement. It is a simple, to-the-point statement.
Posted by discomfiting 2 years ago
"Hello and thanks for accepting my debate! I am against the fact that pansexual is the same as bisexual. The first round is for ACCEPTANCE."

Note: Saying "I am against the fact that..." doesn't really help (but hurts) you. Word choice is very important. Saying something like "I'm against the preconceived notion that...." instead of a calling it a fact then trying to argue against it, is not helpful for yourself! But I do agree, pansexuality is not the same thing as bisexuality. (:
Posted by saboosa 2 years ago
I'm on the right side for sure
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
Pansexual =/= Bisexual.
Vote Placed by YaHey 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made a point that all sexualities were true, and while it wasn't aptly addressed by Con, it was a rather weak argument for a weak position. Con used more sources, and Pro's source didn't work for me.