Brenden-Lawrence
PureLogic

Pansexuality isn't a real sexuality

Brenden-Lawrence

Pro

I believe that Pansexuality is just an over dramatic form of being bi for three reasons:
1. They say that they like every gender, so: male/female= bisexual
2. There is no evidence that this is a real sexuality
3. It has been made popular by Tumblr users making up fake genders, making bi people think that they are "Pansexual."
PureLogic

Con

Actually, there are a number of genders. This includes, but is not limited to, agender, bigender, genderfluid, and intersex. A pansexual person could be attracted to any of these, where a bisexual is only attracted to male and female. And anyway, is there really evidence of any sexuality? There is just as much evidence of pansexuality as there is any other sexuality. And there is no such thing as a fake gender. A person is whatever gender they identify as, regardless of popular standards.
Brenden-Lawrence

Pro

First of all if you knew about biology then you would know that there are only two genders, technically three, which is just a mix of both though. They fact that people think they are something else is purely in your mind. And there is such thing as a fake gender. I could say that I am a helicopter attracted to cows. Do you think that's real? No I just made it up because it's a FAKE SEXUALITY. Where is the science behind this sexuality? Many people hadn't even heard of this until recent years. It was popularized by people who wanted to feel special and be unique.
PureLogic

Con

Anything you are attracted to is your sexuality. So, yes, you could even be cowsexual, attracted to cows. And intersex is a proven gender, which you admitted to, opposite of your previous statement. There is also agender, not identifying with female or male. Whether or not you believe this to be a real gender, it is one that only a pansexual would be attracted to. It hasn't been popular or heard about before because being gay at all used to be completely taboo. No one would make up a sexuality, knowing they would be discriminated against.
Brenden-Lawrence

Pro

When I said a combination of both genders I meant being born with both reproductive parts not some think where you think that you are a woman and a man even though you were born as a man.

You said anything you are attracted to is your sexuality. So based off of that thinking how would a pansexual person know if someone is agender or intersex by just looking at them? They would either look like a man or a woman. Therefore making them attracted to men and woman, like a person who is bisexual. Someone who says that they are agender or intersex still has the reproductive part that they were born with unless they got surgery, but if you didn't get that far how would you even know that a person is another gender without them telling you? So when you see someone and you say "That person is cute," without knowing them that would only make them attracted to a male or a female. Also you didn't answer my question about the fact that this is basic biology where you can only be a male, a female, or be born with both reproductive parts. Its true, if you ask any scientists then they would say that. Unless you present some hard evidence that, that is not the case then my opinion will not change.

(p.s. It says when you type agender, intersex, or pansexual, it says its spelled wrong, so it is still popular belief that these aren't real things.)
PureLogic

Con

Intersex is a combination of reproductive parts. Transgender is being born a man, and becoming a woman. And many agender people dress like a combination of genders, making it hard to tell if they were born male or female. And attraction is more than just biology. Attraction can come from the energy a person gives off, being feminine, masculine, both, or neither. This can play a role in your sexuality. And if a bi person found out that someone was intersex, or transgender, they may stop being attracted to them. A pansexual wouldn't care, because they love any gender. Although there are only female, male, and combination reproductive parts, attraction is based largely on someone's energy, their overall look, and personality. This makes pansexual people attracted to all genders. And even though popular belief is that these are not real, they still can be, regardless. It used to be believed that Earth was flat, and that was proved wrong.
Posted by SNP1 2 years ago
SNP1
Technically, the difference between a bisexual and pansexual is only relevant when talking about people who are intersex or have had a sex change surgery (thus making them excluded from the traditional ideas of a male and female).
Posted by PureLogic 2 years ago
PureLogic
Their energy, as in the way they act, talk, and think. The overall feeling they give off.
Posted by Brenden-Lawrence 2 years ago
Brenden-Lawrence
I'm sorry but your energy? Did you just make that up because that sounds made up. If you just look at someone and don't talk to them how do you feel their "energy?" That's ridiculous I'm sorry but it is.
Posted by erehwon 2 years ago
erehwon
There is technically two different forms of sexuality as well, for instance there is biological and mental sexuality. For instance in many cases of transgenders, they are biologcLly opposite of what they consider their mental gender to be.
Posted by theisticscuffles 2 years ago
theisticscuffles
Technically, "pan" means all, so "pan"-sexuality would mean sex with all things, organic and inorganic and one's self, of course. It would definitely include bestiality, if "pan" really mean "all, everything."
Posted by erehwon 2 years ago
erehwon
I'm not going to accept immediately and I do not know whether media sources are allowed to used (in my case I would use a video). I don't really search the internet enough so I wouldn't really have proper sources, but that's my question. Are sources needed for this debate?
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
other societies in the past have fully recognized more than two genders.