jam7x1
Chandler19

Paper vs electronic. Favor paper

jam7x1

Pro

I am in full support of using paper is stead of electronics. The classic example of an advantage of paper is "A virus never attacked a blackboard". Technology is compromised by networks, internal defects and even educational disadvantages paper is simply a reliable education material.
Chandler19

Con

I support using electronics instead of paper. I support electronics because paper scares students. When students see paper, they get discouraged, feel defeated and don't even want to try. They associate paper with boredom and are intimidated to learn. When students use electronics to do their work and take notes, they feel more comfortable because they use electronics a lot more than writing something down. Kids want to learn when they are comfortable in class.
jam7x1

Pro

jam7x1 forfeited this round.
Chandler19

Con

Chandler19 forfeited this round.
jam7x1

Pro

Teens may be comfortable, but they tend to get distracted with all the social buzz and drama just a click away. The advantages of paper, in this situation, is that even if a student is distracted, the distraction can be constructive, such as, doodling their ideas or a vision of the topic. In addition, paper can be manipulated in ways that it can be entertaining, such as visuals. Finally, paper can always be accessed. It does not rely on other functions like a monitor, keyboard, mouse, or the world wide web.
Chandler19

Con

Chandler19 forfeited this round.
Posted by Mr.Grace 2 years ago
Mr.Grace
JamX presented good arguments, not countered by Chandler. Had I voted on this it would have gone to Jammer. ;- )
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
And in the voting booth, a paper ballot leaves a paper trail. But when I push that button to vote I have no guarantee where and to who my vote went. In the last election 100% of some precinct in Philadelphia went to Obama.Strains the imagination, that is for sure.