Paradoxes do not make any sense!

Paradoxes do not make any sense because by the very definition of paradoxes, they aren't supposed to make sense to make sense. Wait! Didn't I just contradict, confuse, and repeat myself? In order for a paradox to make sense, it has to not make sense. But if it does not make sense, how can it make sense in the first place? By the very definition of paradox, it is...but then it isn't...but then it is. Now I am just confusing myself! Anyways, paradoxes don't make sense because there is no logical way for something to make sense if it has none in the first place. Now what about things that don't make sense but actually do make sense in disguise? Oh whatever, I think I am stuck in a paradox of debating whether it makes sense or not...

I accept

To start off, I would like to give a definition of the word paradox.

Paradox: a statement or proposition that, despite sound (or apparently sound) reasoning from acceptable premises, leads to a conclusion that seems senseless, logically unacceptable, or self-contradictory.

I would like to start off by saying that a Paradox is a definition that does in fact contradict a statement in which the statement that is followed is paradoxical.

What Pro is saying that Paradoxes do not make any sense because their definition give them no sense and yet at the same time there's some sense into that statement.

However, what Pro is saying is actually making the things that paradoxes imply upon no sense yet in terms the implied meaning do make sense, but Pro is claiming that Paradoxes themselves make no sense, which alone is already wrong because paradox is merely a word that has a definition attached to it. One cannot say that a definition does not make sense because the definition of a definition is absolute and that's the words meaning, if a word had no meaning then it wouldn't be a word into existence.

So, to be exact paradoxes' definition does in fact make sense because the definition is what creates the word paradox in the first place.

In any case, a paradox is nothing without words to back up it's meaning so in sense, the word paradox does in fact make sense.

But this doesn't make any sense at all. You said that the definition of paradox has to not make sense in order to make sense, but that statement right there completely contradicts the very definition of paradox. You said that a paradox has to contradict itself and totally defy logic, reasoning, evidence, etc., but if that's what a paradox means, then doesn't make religion a paradox in itself? Religion completely contradicts all of its values, beliefs, morals, rules yet defies all logic, reasoning, evidence, science, and history. So isn't religion also a paradox? But wait! Religion isn't real because it doesn't make any sense; but then it is real because it is purposely like that way to not make sense in order to make sense. Now I am going off-topic...

Pro does not seem to understand my claim and evidence.

Allow me to restate my claim, Paradox does in fact make SENSE because of it's existence and it's definition.

Without the definition of Paradox, paradox wouldn't exist.

(I am jus going to shorten this so Pro can somewhat understand where I am getting at.)

It cannot make sense as the very definition of paradox contradicts itself and is a paradox itself. Paradox would exist; it would just be called something else. Come on, you should know by now that I am kind of being serious and kind of joking around with you so, why you so serious about this, huh?

Well, I mean this is called a debate, and in debates you're suppose to be serious?

Anyway, back to what Pro has said.

"It cannot make sense as the very definition of paradox contradicts itself and is a paradox itself. Paradox would exist; it would just be called something else."

It seems like I'll have to repeat myself.

The DEFINITION of paradox does NOT apply for the actual WORD of Paradox because paradox only applies to contradicting actions or events.

Yes it does, a paradox cannot make sense but must do so in order to make sense because that is the very definition of paradox. You claim that it doesn't, but in reality it does, whether you like it or not. I just created another paradox by saying that. You mad bro?

It seems like Pro is mixing up the word paradox for nonsense...

The word paradox cannot be changed and must be accepted as it's self definition, which is the only reason why it's called paradox because it only applies to statements or proposition that logically makes no sense.

Paradox is not a STATEMENT or a PROPOSITION it's a word to describe a STATEMENT or a PROPOSITION. Does Pro understand what I'm saying or is he such an idiot to not comprehend something even a little toddler can understand.....

To give Pro a more clearer angle of what I'm trying to get at, I'll provide a definition of the word sense.

Make sense: be intelligible, justifiable, or practicable.

THE very fact that Pro understands the word Paradox only justifies the very fact that Paradox does make sense because according to the definition I've provided, as long as something is understandable then it makes sense, so the very fact that Pro has knowledge of the definition of Paradox, only proves that the word paradox makes sense, which only proves Pro's stupidity.

Your turn pro...

I forfeit this round because we will be stuck in another paradox...

I am Lelouch Vi Britannia, and I command you, LOVE ANIME!!!

Vote Con due to paradox
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 1 year ago
@TheSymbiote: You're the idiot for making a terrible debate with me!
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
After reading and re-reading this debate, I have reached a decision.

The resolution states: Paradoxes do not make sense. This means the situations where we use the word "paradox" to refer to a statement or proposition, said statement or proposition does not make sense. CON spends too much time arguing that the word "Paradox" makes sense, but this isn't even what the debate is about. CON levied a few undue insults, and as such loses the conduct point.

I'm giving arguments to PRO. Without any proper rebuttals from CON, most of PRO's arguments are left standing, though PRO could have made much better arguments. Happy to clarify this RFD.
Vote Placed by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments