avan6
Jonbonbon

Parallel parking should not part of the driving exam

Jonbonbon
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner
Started: 6/7/2017 Category: Cars

avan6

Pro

I do not believe that parallel parking should be required. Just like how learning how to navigate in a parking garage is not required, complicated areas are most of the time not even part of the driving exam so why would I need to parallel park? More often than not, there is parking available and we do not need to parallel park. If you don't know how, go park somewhere else and walk. If you can't/dont want to talk, then learn to parallel park for convenience, but I don't think it should be required for the exam.
Jonbonbon

Con

To be clear, my opponent is asserting that in no case should parallel parking be part of the driving exam. He says it should be learned on a case by case basis. This case by case basis is going to be composed of entire cities (New York City, Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Topeka, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Gotham, etc.), which gave me an idea.

Instead of looking at all the cities where parallel parking is a common thing and saying "Screw you guys, we're not going to teach your kids how to parallel park just because we don't have parallel parking in Smallville," we can require certain counties to require parallel parking.

When my opponent says that other parking will be available in these cities, hes saying that you can pay $15 an hour to put your car in a parking garage (keep in mind, he cited this as something challenging. I lol'd).

Also in New York City, sometimes you have to push cars while you're parallel parking. Can you do that without taking a test on it? http://www.city-data.com...

Also, I don't know what his problem is with deaf people, but they usually don't want to talk because they're not so good at pronouncing words. Deaf people are perfectly capable of parallel parking and walking long distances from the parking garage. Did we really have to be like that?

So to conclude, areas around big cities would have more benefits from teaching all their citizens to parallel park and my opponent is mean to people who don't want to talk.
Posted by JimShady 1 year ago
JimShady
Taking the one round debate is like taking money from a bank/
Posted by Masterful 1 year ago
Masterful
It's shows you're able to manoeuvre a car
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
avan6Jonbonbon
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark