DebatePro200
xXRAZIEL855Xx

Parental Control

DebatePro200

Con

I do not believe parents should exert a lot of control over their children because too much control would take away from the child's individuality.Granted parents should know everything about what their child is doing. My personal experience with my children is that i do not exert a lot of control and allow them to make their own choices in life. I am here for them to talk to and express what they would like to do in life or experiences they chose. I believe that it has made for a stronger less controlled bond with them. I do not agree with parents exerting more control however more of a guidance as opposed to control their every actions.
xXRAZIEL855Xx

Pro

Yes in fact I do believe that parents should control the majority of a child's life. I believe a child does not have the right to make choices for himself until he/she is at least 16 1/2. If you let your child make his/her own decisions in life at an early age you are asking nothing but trouble. Yes children should learn from their mistakes but there are some mistakes that a child shouldn't be allowed to make. Also if you did not know while a child is still a minor the majority of his/her actions are taken responsibility by the parent or guardian of the child. Do you think I would let my child run amok causing trouble in public just for the sake that I want him/her to have more freedom than usual. No I would rather be strict with a well behaved child than loose with the anti-Christ for a child.
DebatePro200

Con

DebatePro200 forfeited this round.
xXRAZIEL855Xx

Pro

Round 2 was forfeited waiting on your response to round 3
DebatePro200

Con

DebatePro200 forfeited this round.
xXRAZIEL855Xx

Pro

Another round forfeited
DebatePro200

Con

DebatePro200 forfeited this round.
xXRAZIEL855Xx

Pro

xXRAZIEL855Xx forfeited this round.
Posted by MackDamion 10 months ago
MackDamion
I think really depends on your past and how your child acts. My mom was the kid who could talk herself out of anything, knew what stair step creaked, stayed out late, partied and yet she won't let me step foot off the porch after nine o'clock. I get her reasoning though. As her oldest and a teenager, she understands what I want to be able to do, but she loosen the reigns on everything because she's trying to keep me from being like her. My boyfriend and I had this discussion yesterday. Our parents are the same to both of us. We do agree that parents who won't let their kid do anything or make their own choices, are the ones that have the sneaky kids. There was a girl in high school whose parents wouldn't let her date, have friends, or go to sleepovers. By her senior year, when she was considered an adult, she ended having two kids because she went to a party and because her parents never let he rod anything, she didn't know what to do in that situations. I say let the reigns be a little loose, but still have a hold, so the kids have a chance to make a choice and learn from any mistakes they may make.