Alycelilylilan2
seanic

Parents can force their religious beliefs on their children.

seanic has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Alycelilylilan2

Con

Hi!! So I'm doing a debate on "Should parents be allowed to force religious beliefs on their children" I'm against forcing religion on your children.

To use yourself, friends, other people on the internet, etc. as an example.

Please just accept on the first round :D
Will Look forward!!
Posted by Alycelilylilan2 1 year ago
Alycelilylilan2
sboss18

uhh maybe... English its not my first language. But he did DRAG me to his car XD

RonPaulConservative

Parent shouldn't
Posted by RonPaulConservative 1 year ago
RonPaulConservative
The resolution is that we shoid ban it or that parents shouldn't?
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
Again, I strongly believe you're using the word "dragged" incorrectly.
Posted by Alycelilylilan2 1 year ago
Alycelilylilan2
And he really forced and dragged me to church... I think he couldn't accept the fact that i didn't believe in god..... so tried to change my mind by forcing me.
Posted by Alycelilylilan2 1 year ago
Alycelilylilan2
It was an example from when I was like.. 14 ^^ Sorry i made it sound like it was happening right now XD
I did refuse, since my mother also was a free thinker, she was able to support me and persuade my dad to accept that I don't believe in God.
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
You're 20 years old, right? Just move out.
Also, I highly doubt he "drags" you to church and "forces" you to read the Bible. What happens if you refuse?
Posted by Alycelilylilan2 1 year ago
Alycelilylilan2
I'm not suggesting if there should be a law or anything. My idea is that children shouldn't be forced to believe their parent's religion. They can if they want to believe it but IF they have another belief in mind, they should be free to pursue their beliefs. Like for an example, my dad is a christian and I'm a free thinker.
(Meaning i don't believe in gods or anything). He forces me to read the Bible everyday and drags me to church every Sunday. Is this fair?
Posted by philochristos 1 year ago
philochristos
Allowed by who? Who is it up to to grant or deny permission? The government? Are you suggesting there should be a law against parents teaching their kids to subscribe to religious beliefs?