Parents have favourites.

eZminT has forfeited round #3.

Favourites in the context of having a favourite child. I am for parents having favouritism.

Round 1-Accept
Round 2-Debate
Round 3-Debate
Round 4-Debate
Round 5-Debate

Parents have favourites. There's no denying it. Most parents know that they have a favourite and the rest are just lying to themselves. Even science is for the fact that parents have favourites. If you don't believe me, go look up "my parents favour my brother/sister over me" on the Internet. Many links will come up which just goes to prove that parents have favourites.

Have a favourite child is not something many parents will admit to. Yet it is repeatedly shown through nature that the mother/parent will favour the best child. Most of the time in nature its because the child is bigger than the others, for humans it's usually because the child excels in a lot of things or is the most attractive or charismatic.

A Californian study that studied 384 families showed that the 65% of mothers and 70% of fathers showed favouritism and those numbers should probably have been higher since the parents probably didn't behave as naturally while being watched. That's more than half of parents showing favouritism and those numbers weren't even as high as they should be.

Science and the nature of humans and animals have proved that parents do have favourites. There's no denying the fact, parents have favourites whether they deny it or not.

Since there are 5 rounds in this debate, I will reserve this round for clarification from the Pro.
Pro, are you asserting that "parents show favoritism" as a matter of biological fact, or do you mean to say, as you did in round one, "I am for parents having favoritism", as a matter of opinion?

I said having favouritism as in having an object in this case/context a child, that they favour. Therefore I am trying to prove that parents have favouritism as in they show favour to that object which I clarified as a child. Parents having favouritism is a fact unless you can prove that they don't have favouritism. Sorry if I confused you.
Posted by HeavenlyPanda 3 months ago
I mean that they favour the child over their other children. (unless its an only child)
Posted by ForGrowthOfMind 3 months ago
Just out of curiosity do you mean favoritism as applying that one child is their favorite in all aspects or that a child is their favorite in one subject and not necessarily in all?