ChuckHenryII
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Parents have the right to decide their child's future.

ChuckHenryII

Con

Parents have no right, whatsoever, to decide their child's future that is just an insane point of thinking that shouldn't, in my opinion, even come across a caring parents train of thought.
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Pro

Hello. I am glad I have the chance to debate this opponent, and I look forward to this, and the following rounds. Without further ado, I will Affirm the resolution, as is my role, and attack the theory behind Con's presentation.

*Parents have no right*

Have no right? By who? Who determines who has what rights? Are you truly certified to bluntly say that it is not right without any evidence? If you are, then you must be special, because most people can't bluntly say something and make it true.

*shouldn't come across a caring parents mind*

So a caring parent is one that does not interfere with their child's life at all? What makes a caring parent? I'm pretty sure my parents care for me, but they don't just let me do whatever I want. They are there for a reason.

My Points

'parent's are necessary for success'

If a parent even remotely cares about they will decide mostly what their children do. According to a mass of sources [http://en.wikipedia.org...], single parent's children are extremely likely to have a negative future, as opposed to if there are two parents. The point of that is that if a parent does not do anything in the child's life, it is just like having a single parent or, perhaps, worse. If we expect our children to have any success in this world, we must guide them in the right way.

'children are the future'

It is known, that humans will eventually die, and be replaced by the children. Children are the future of our country, of the world and no chances should be taken. Why should parents let the child do whatever make him happy, when that could sacrifice the future. A child is a very delicate thing, and is not to be played with. So a parent should decide his child's future, until they don't become a child anymore. Then, grant them freedom, and allow them to take control of the future.
ChuckHenryII

Con

Alright, first I will refude attacks made on me and then point out a few flaws in my opponents points.

*who determines who has rights?*

You're right no one can force you or tell you what to do or how to raise your children, but few in a modern society force their children to do what they want them to do. It just goes against the human conscience. You said it yourself that children are delicate, if they are forced to perform a task that they are unwilling to perform, it is not healthy for the child.

*So a caring parent is one that does not interfere with their child's life at all?*

I never said that the parent(s) should not enterfere at all. In fact, every child needs guidence from someone more experienced in life and you did a good job of pointing this out in one of your points. All I said is that the parents shoudn't/don't have the right to force their child to perform a task or hold their child on a leash, if you will, if the child is unwilling. What I meant when I said that the idea shouldn't come across the parent's mind, is the fact that that behavior is not natural or normal in a human being.

Now moving on to my opponents points:

The first thing I would like to point out is that wikipedia is not a source because anything can be said there, and I would like you to keep this in mind.

'parents are necessary for success'

I agree with this comppletely as I have said before. The child does need parental support, but there is a line that can be crossed. Also, just because there is a single parent doesn't mean that the parent does nothing in their childs life, in fact the bond is a bit stronger in some cases because of the absent parent and the emotional bond is stronger.

'Why should parents let the child do whatever make him happy?'

I never said that the parents should have no influence in their child's life and let him/her run rampid through the world. There has to be parental influence in order to guide them the right way.
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Pro

Mr_Jack_Nixon forfeited this round.
ChuckHenryII

Con

Since my opponent was unable to respond to my previous arguments I don't really have much else to say. My main point in my last argument was that my opponent had overexaderated my stand on this topic by thinking I supported no parental involvement whatsoever. All I did in round 2 was explain that there needs to be parental involvement, but there is a point to which it can become absurd and unnatural.

That is all I can say at this point and I have enjoyed this debate thoroughly.
Mr_Jack_Nixon

Pro

Mr_Jack_Nixon forfeited this round.
Posted by stfuss 6 years ago
stfuss
I feel they will have because if any one asks you about your parents, you will say that they are my parents. I'm the son/daughter of them. Because of them, you are hear in this world. So now, do you think they don't have a right to decide their child's future. But what I feel as a son of my parents is that they should have the responsibility to understand their children and allow children to choose their own future. Being a responsible parent, they needs to guide children to choose the best.
http://www.troubledteensguide.com...
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
Shame.
Posted by ChuckHenryII 7 years ago
ChuckHenryII
Ummm did you vote for yourself???
Posted by Mr_Jack_Nixon 7 years ago
Mr_Jack_Nixon
Ummm did you vote for yourself? Rude
Vote Placed by Mr_Jack_Nixon 7 years ago
Mr_Jack_Nixon
ChuckHenryIIMr_Jack_NixonTied
Vote Placed by ChuckHenryII 7 years ago
ChuckHenryII
ChuckHenryIIMr_Jack_NixonTied