LifeMeansGodIsGood
CordialCongressman

Pascal's Wager cannot be won.

CordialCongressman

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Pascal's Wager cannot be won. Let's keep the arguments short and simple, it really is simple.
CordialCongressman

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate, and I look forward to seeing your arguments. Pascal's wager is an intriguing argument, one which I will be glad to dispute.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Pascal's Wager cannot be won. God is not allowing bets to be placed in order to win a place ih heaven or eternal life. You have fallen from eternal life because you already failed to do good enough to gain eternal life. You can't win by playing Pascal's Wager. The only thing you win by playing Pascal's Wager is death. Pascal's Wager is a bet made by man and there is nobody honoring the bet. It's a bet slip written on rotten paper and God won't buy it. You cannot make God owe you anything by anything you do. The ability for you to do anyting is a gift from God, You owe God always, you cannot do enough to make God owe you a place in heaven or eternal life.
CordialCongressman

Con

Men do not follow the law because they love their government, they follow it out of the fear of punishment. In an age where tolerance of all people, even those who break god's laws is preached, the people must be reminded of the punishment they may receive. Pascal lived during such an age, and the people had to be reminded of the stakes at hand.

Pascal is not saying that you have to genuinely believe in god to receive salvation, as no argument can force that, but that you ought to follow god's laws on the off chance he exists; whether you believe he does, or not. After all, the odds are stacked in such a way that it is absurd to bet against the existence of god, as doing so would equate to infinite loss if he were real.

God does not expect every person to have complete faith in him, he simply expects us to follow his commandments. It does not matter why we do this, it only matters that we do. Thus, a non-believer who follows god's law as a wager can achieve salvation, thus winning.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

You have already failed to follow God's commandments. The point of this debate is not trying to keep God's law to stay on the safe side just in case God cares. The point is, death is all you can be sure of if you play Pascal's Wager. Death is an end or interruption of life, eternal life is unending and uninterrupted. Eternal life is denied from you now before you can ask God to take you up on Pascal's Wager. You can ask God to accept your wager, but God is not listening, death is the end of any possiblity of eternal life.......death is sure and unavoidable, therefore Pascal's Wager is hopeless, it cannot be won.
CordialCongressman

Con

I'm just saying that, as humans, we have doubt about the existence of god. Humans do not have perfect faith in god; if we did, original sin would never have been committed. This is simply a part of our nature, and something we cannot help. Pascal's wager is designed to convince those who have no faith in god why they ought to have some.

I do not have doubts about the existence of god, I am simply pointing out that pascal's wager is aimed towards those who do. Furthermore, I would argue that, so long as someone worships god and obeys his word, it does not matter that they have doubts; they will still be saved.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Binding Contract:

I, God, do hereby swear by the blood of my Son, Jesus, to overlook all of your violations of my Holy Law and grant you full pardon and entrance into eternal life by the resurrection of my Son from the dead if you will agree to the following terms:

1) You must acknowledge that you are the one who deserved to die and my Son did not deserve to die.

2) You must believe that I love you so much that I died in your place in the form of Jesus Christ my Son, and you must believe that I raised Him from the dead and can do the same for you.

3) You must ask me to accept you on these terms, asking for my mercy to forgive you and believe that I am willing to forgive you. You must receive my Son, Jesus, as your Saviour by asking me in His name to save you.

This contract is written by me in the blood of my Son whom I gave to be the satisfaction for payment for your sins against me. If you honestly agree to the terms above, and will receive my Son as your Saviour,
sign here..........................<-----your name here. It's not too good to be true, I always honor my Word, and I have committed all Judgement into the hands of My Son, Jesus, who paid the price to secure this contract for you. Did you sign it? Will you sign it?

God
.........................<---------you sign here to enter into agreement with God and receive His guarantee of pardon and eternal life
in Jesus Christ.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
...if you say there is no God who created all things, life's value certainly is questionable. God values life and especially His creatures which he endowed with free will, reasoning, and creative powers like His because He is good and He enjoys Himself and He enjoys all of His creatures who do what He designed them to do, to enjoy the freedom He gave them honorably, and to give their Creator all of the honor and glory for the life He gave them.

Why should a man complain about the punishment for his sins? God does not willingly afflict or grieve people. He has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. All who are turned against Him will be turned into the fire of Hell. God is not willing that any shoudl perish, but that all should come to repentance. Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Life Means God is Good!!!!! That is why it's value is unquestionable!!! For crying out loud, repent and believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST and you will be saved from the fire of Hell!! God Himself (Jesus Christ) died in your place to pay for your crimes against Him and rose from the dead so He is just to punish your violations of His holy law with the fire of Hell if you reject His payment for your sins and you refuse His offer of pardon through the blood he paid with for you......God's gift offer is eternal life, salvation from the fire of Hell which we all deserve! Recieve the LORD JESUS CHRIST as your Saviour through faith and you will be a child of God and heaven.

Let me know if I can help you pray about this.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Fuzzzzz.........any atheist would have to agree with me or they can't be an atheist. If you think it is possbile to win Pascal's Wager, then you are not an atheist. If you say you are an atheist, then vote against me in this debate, you are a liar.......why am I not surprised you act thsi way?

Hmmmmm, I guess you just love your sin all the way to the fire of Hell more than life......and you can name your sin, I don't know you well enough to point anything out other than the fact that your vote shows you are a liar.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Fuzz, you are ignoring my arugment. You can't win Pascal/s Wager.......you being an atheist should agree. The only way you can vote that my opponent had better arguements here is because you are being dishonest.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
the odds are zero........pascal's wager cannot be won
Posted by YaHey 2 years ago
YaHey
Let's say that the odds are 1 to 138,600,000 that you will win the lottery. Sure, the reward is great that you will win, but one could easily be justified in not playing at all. Especially if you reject the idea that the money exists at all.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
If you really are a child of God (Christian) you need to renounce your argument and concede this debate in the name of the LORD you claim to belong to when you call yourself a Christian......but again, I don't beleive you are a Christian or you would not have concluded your Round 2 argument with anti-christ assertions
LifeMeansGodIsGood
they will be? why are they not forgiven now? How do you know they will be forgiven if they are not forgiven now?
Posted by CordialCongressman 2 years ago
CordialCongressman
Yes, I am a christian, and yes, my sins will be forgiven when I die.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
answer the question please, you say you are a christian, you should be happy to answer if you are a christian
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
LifeMeansGodIsGoodCordialCongressmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pascal's wager is incorrect. That said, you "win" by going to heaven by believing in God.
Vote Placed by Codedlogic 2 years ago
Codedlogic
Reasons for voting decision: This is an odd debate. Both parties claim to know what God wants and what God will and will not accept. Neither party backs up their claims with any line of reasoning other than to claim that the other party is "not following God's commandments." It's a bit like a two nerds arguing over Enterprise or the Millennial Falcon is better. It's an argument in a vacuum.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Reasons for voting decision: this debate was quite confusing, as neither side attempted to explain what Pascal's Wager really was, or how it is supposed to be won. However, con never manages to quite explain how a non-believer would follow the laws of God, never does he suggest that anyone is able to obey God. He needs examples, other wise his arguments fall apart because I can't believe them.