dhauptman98
TBR

Pay gap

TBR

dhauptman98

Pro

I believe the pay gap is imaginary.
TBR

Con

OK, I accept.
dhauptman98

Pro

dhauptman98 forfeited this round.
TBR

Con

The pay gap is in fact real. Denying it is like 1+1=2. The causes can be argued, but the fact not denied.
The estimates run ~77%[2]. Younger women have a much smaller gap.

If pro makes it back around, I we may have something to discuss, but at this point the resolution is negated. The pay gap exists.

[2] https://www.whitehouse.gov...
dhauptman98

Pro

The pay gap is just an imaginary concept developed by feminists in order to get attention. When adding up to see what the pay gap actually is, no one puts in the amount of hours one works and what job they do. Counting hours do make a difference in pay and if people cannot come to that agreement then they are ignorant and just biased to confirming their belief. Petroleum engineers, right? They make a good amount of money yearly. Have you ever heard of a women saying that they want to be a petroleum engineer? No of course not. Women have maternity leave and do not have the willpower to work as much as others do. No one takes in account of certain jobs men and women have and how many hours they work, therefore creating this concept of an imaginary pay gap. However, people will just have belief perseverance and continue to believe in this made up concept.
TBR

Con

Your entire argument is unsubstantiated personal opinion. "Women... do not have the willpower to work as much as others"? There is nothing in this argument for me to rebut, just rhetoric.

The numbers are clear. The gap exists. Casus and resolutions can be discussed, but not the existance. I have proven the gap exists without being rebutted. There is NO doubt it exists, the debate question "I believe the pay gap is imaginary." is false.
dhauptman98

Pro

My argument is not false in fact. No one ACTUALLY takes in account of how many hours men or women work. Therefore you cannot come to a specific amount that women lose compared to men. There is no conclusion of how much women lose compared to a man due to that. Therefore, no pay gap. And even more therefore, it is an imaginary concept.
TBR

Con

Pro has offered no proof of his assumptions. The calculation at the link I provided adequately prove the existence of a pay gap. If I was arguing based on Pros standard of proof, I could just say Woman have 1/2 the income, and men sit on their buts all day long.

The resolution has been negated with pro having nothing other than personal statements, and false cause argument.
Vote Placed by YoshiBoy13 1 year ago
YoshiBoy13
dhauptman98TBRTied
Reasons for voting decision: If I vote either way, there's bound to be someone saying I'm discriminating and that it's narrowminded of me. I'll only vote on what's clear - the red bold text.