Xcitez
kennykenkenken

Pc gaming is better than console gaming

Xcitez
Started: 4/28/2016 Category: Games

Xcitez

Pro

I believe that gaming on a pc is much better than gaming on a console,if you think console gaming is better accept my request in the first round and in the second we shall start
kennykenkenken

Con

I accept your request.
Xcitez

Pro

Why is a gaming on a Pc better thangaming on a console?

• Pc gaming can use ANY type of controller(Xbox 360,Xbox One,Ps3,Ps4,even a mouse+keyboard),while consoles are limited to one.

• Pc's have more exclusives than all consoles COMBINED.

• Pc has free online multiplayer,while console players have to pay 50-60$ a month.

• Pc's can be hooked up to multiple monitors or tv's using hdmi/wireless hdmi or steam link and multitask,consoles can only use one tv

• Pc's can play up to 4k(2160p) and 60+FPS(Frames Per Second,while consoles can only hit 30FPS at around 720-900p

• Pc games are most of the time cheaper with steam sales,ans other websites selling them.

• On Pc's there is no need for backwards compatibility,in which consoles fail at,bringing only a few games back to next gen,whilst on Pc's you can play games from back when the original Xbox was out

• Pc's are upgradable and customizable,as you can install new LED lights and hardware into them

• Pc gaming has mods,console gaming doesn't

• Pc's has better vr(virtual reality) gameplay,even Oculus,the industry's leading vr company said consoles are far too limited on what they are planning

• Pc's can do even more than gaming,such as browsing the web,doing homework,and such

kennykenkenken

Con

First of all, I would like to point out that we are taling about gaming and gaming only, which does not involve homeowork or browsing the web.

Here are my reasons of why:

1) When you play PC, you are hunched over a laptop computer. If you are a console gamer, you are playing in the nice big living room on a comfy sofa.

2) Yes, PC's are upgradable. But so are consoles. The main point here is instead of a million tiny upgrades, consoles have less upgrades. When a new one comes out, sell the old one and buy another.

3) If you want a good PC that you don't want to build, then it would cost about 750 dollars. And if you want any other quality games, it would cost about 1000. For that kind of money, you could buy 2 consoles AND the top games on the market.

To wrap it all up, consoles with quality games are cheaper and more time-efficient concerning upgrades.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts :)
Xcitez

Pro

First off,I would like to apologize for accidentally saying that you need to pay 50-60$ per month for online multiplayer on a console,I meant year.Second my sources were from https://www.reddit.com...;.
Now I will talk about your arguments
1)' When you play PC, you are hunched over a laptop computer. If you are a console gamer, you are playing in the nice big living room on a comfy sofa"

Okay so I see where your coming from,though on Pc's (I also have mentioned it in round 2)you can use multiple products(such as the steam link,an hdmi cable ,a wireless hdmi) to 'play in the nice big living room on a comfy sofa' and with any controller (even wireless) depending on the one you like,and so on Pc's you aren't always "hunched over a laptop computer".

Now,Pc's don't need "a million tiny upgrades",all they pretty much need is the graphics card and you're good (and it's actually very easy to upgrade! ),but with that graphics card upgrade you can play much better than consoles fps wise,resolution wise,etc.I know what you're probably thinking (oh but graphics cards are expensive),that depends on the one you get , a 75$ 750ti can pretty much beat all next gen consoles on the market in gameplay,and a 300$ r9 390 can play in almost 4k 60+fps,and when you upgrade your graphics card,they last long before you need to replace them again,sometimes longer than consoles.My cousin actually had been playing with a graphics card that was almost identical to the ps4/xb1 graphics card for years even before they were out and now he upgraded to the r9 390.Also it kinda sucks if you have to sell you're old console as you lose all your old games(on pc they stay on your steam account) and you have to wait a bit for new console games to come out).

3)If you want a good PC that you don't want to build, then it would cost about 750 dollars. And if you want any other quality games, it would cost about 1000. For that kind of money, you could buy 2 consoles AND the top games on the market

Depends where you buy your pc from,if you buy it from ebay or something,probably not,and some people even sell custom built ones for only like 75$ above the price,so not always is it like '750 dollars'.Though if your looking for a new one,my pc from bestbuy http://www.bestbuy.com... on sale for 400$ and regular price is 550$ so its not always 750$+ for a decent gaming pc,heck you could find a 300$ one and just upgrade the graphics card for 75$.And these "quality games" that you speak of,pc has a TON of quality games under 20$ such as garrys mod,cs go(yes its on xb1 but it runs like trash and hasnt been updated in years),and skyrim(mods),yeah some are old but they are just gold.ALSO did I mention steam sales,and https://www.g2a.com...;. Steam sales give you like new games such as bo3 from 30-45$ but they only come occasionally,as where I go sometimes(g2a) sells those games like bo3,fo4 for like 30$ all the time.If you dont trust g2a ,and sites like those,I have to say that they actually have partner/sponsorships with youtubers like Pewdiepie,etc,and from my personal experience,they are legit,think of them as like amazon,you can either order from a person or the company themselves.Anyways I am going to wrap this all up by saying when you buy a console you also need to pay the online fees and stuff which is like 50-60$ a year(pc you dont),and if you multiply that by the 5-10 years each console stays its like around 300-600$,with that money you could buy a graphics card that runs in 4k 60+FPS ;).

If you feel like this debate was too short just ask and we can continue with another one,thank you for your time
kennykenkenken

Con

Because you did not make any arguments but proved mine wrong, I will make a few more.

1) Patches and updates in games. While console games are finished when you buy them, PC games are patched and updated often. It's nice to buy a finished game at the store.

2) Interaction with other people in first person. When you play a PC, even if it is multiplayer, the odds are slim you actually talk to someone. You may type in the chat box, but that is not real human interaction, while on a console game you can play games where you can talk to your family or friends.

Thank you for offering an extension, but unfortunately I do not have time to continue this. Good luck!
Vote Placed by DarkPoet 7 months ago
DarkPoet
XcitezkennykenkenkenTied
Reasons for voting decision: Every one of cons arguments were poor. The last two were just stupid. 1) Patches and updates in games. While console games are finished when you buy them, PC games are patched and updated often. It's nice to buy a finished game at the store Do I need to remind you of Tony Hawk Pro skater 5.... 2) Interaction with other people in first person. When you play a PC, even if it is multiplayer, the odds are slim you actually talk to someone. You may type in the chat box, but that is not real human interaction, while on a console game you can play games where you can talk to your family or friends. He just said you can hook it up to your TV and play on the Sofa like a Console! Not to mention PC also has voice chat just like console!