crillablu
Zaradi

Pedophiles Should Be Electronically Tagged

Zaradi

crillablu

Con

I'd like to start this debate by talking about pedophilia. Pedophilia is a paraphilia that involves an abnormal interest in children- and a paraphilia is a disorder that is characterized by recurrent intense sexual urges and/or sexually arousing fantasies that generally involve nonhuman objects, the suffering of ones self or ones partner, animals, children, or any other non-consenting person. Pedophilia is a psychosexual disorder in which the fantasy or actual act of engaging in sexual activity with a prepubescent child is the preferred or exclusive way of achieving sexual gratification. Some pedophiles are attracted to both boys and girls, some one or the other. Some are attracted only to children, while others are attracted to adults as well as to children. Pedophilia is defined by mental health professionals as a mental disorder, but the American legal system defines acting on a pedophilic urge as a criminal act.
To be a pedophile, by the psychological definition, you must be at least sixteen years of age and be sexually attracted to prepubescent children- defined by any child under the age of thirteen. By this definition, to be a pedophile you need not commit any physical or illegal act- you can be defined as such by only having fantasies! I do not think that the American legal systems definition of pedophile is sufficient to commit the act of installing tracking devices into their bodies. Especially since their definition of a ‘pedophile' isn't even correct! Do they plan on tracking every person with sexual fantasies, even those who have never acted on them?
Tracking pedophiles is an abuse of their civil liberties. The whole idea of people being sent to prison is that once the get out, they are considered to have paid their debt to society! We have no right to continue to persecute them by keeping them under constant surveillance. It is wrong and goes against everything we, as Americans, stand for. Instead of punishing pedophiles further, we should spend the extreme amounts of funds- our tax dollars- that it will take to run the technology necessary for tracking thousands of people on therapy so that these acts don't continue to happen!
Increasingly, pedophiles are being prosecuted under criminal statutes and being sentenced to prison terms. Imprisonment removes them from society for a period of time but does not usually remove their pedophilic tendencies. In 2002, many states began to publish the names of persons being released from prison after serving time for pedophilia. This itself brought up many legal problems, so don't you think that tracking human beings would bring up even more controversy than simply releasing their names?
Besides, tracking devices would do no good! Many pedophilic acts are committed within the home, and the majority of pedophiles are never convicted. Pedophiles don't abduct children from schools. Abductions are very rare in any case, but where they do happen they are much more likely to be on the street or in the countryside, where these exclusion zones would not apply, so that idea does nothing to protect children. Other potential risks, such as pedophiles contacting children through the internet and arranging meetings with them, are not affected by this proposal. So not only is this proposal an invasion of their rights as American citizens, but it is utterly pointless.
Zaradi

Pro

The flaws in my opponent's argumentation basically come down to one fatal error that will cause him to be evaporated.

The basis of his argumentation comes down to constant surveillance is bad and wrong. However, his folly is obvious and duly noted for the thoughtpolice to come and take care of him later tonight. But while he is still here, maybe I could talk some sense into him so that when he is brought to the Ministry of Peace and ends up confessing for all of his crimes, he will do so quickly and with minimal suffering.

Constant surveillance is a good thing in any form it comes by. Dissenters need to be punished for their misdoings and brought to justice, and the best way to catch them every time is to strictly enforce constant surveillance upon not just pedophiles, but the everyday citizen.

My opponent may stand up and say "He's a dictator! He's a tyrant! He's evil!" This will only worsen his sentance and his punishment once he is finally arrested by the thoughtpolice, but perhaps I can dissuade him of the notion, so when he is finally brought to his knees, it will be with him shouting confessions and offering redemption. That is a goal truly worth striving for, and it will be my main goal in this debate.

Many months I spent looking for the answers I desperately craved, crawling through the desolate ruins of foreign lands like "Barns and Noble" and "Half-Priced Books", hacking my way through the vicious jungles of the Amazon.com, until I finally found it. I found the ultimate prophesy, one the foretold of this debate and of the inevitable outcome. The prophesy was entitled "1984", and it was by a man who went by the false-name George Orwell.

At first, I couldn't possibly believe what I was reading, what was being fed to the inner lobes of my unworthy brain. A totalitarian government where the people were HAPPY? They were cheering? This couldn't possibly be true! But, alas, my eyes have been truly opened to the truth. The clouds that cloud clouded eyes have been lifted, and now I see all as the legendary Eric Blair did, and now I truly understand. The only way to find true happiness in life is under the banner of Big Brother! I will not hide from the truth any longer! Long live Big Brother! Down with Goldstein and the Eurasian pigs!

With this, I will conclude the first part of my attempt to redeem my unfortunate opponent before he is taken away and forever lost.
crillablu

Con

crillablu forfeited this round.
Zaradi

Pro

A forfeit? They moved even faster than I believed possible. The thoughtpolice have evaporated my poor, poor opponent for his transgressions against Big Brother. I'm glad that he will be brought to justice and brought to beg for mercy and redemption, redemption that will come in the form of a painless bullet through the head. But he had it coming to him. I beg those who plan to vote on this debate take into consideration only my arguments and extend them cleanly across the flow. I also ask of the voters to completely disregard the blasphemous preachings of the Goldstein agent that is my opponent, for he will not be responding to this debate any longer.
crillablu

Con

It's sad how confused my dear opponent seems to be. He is under the assumption that I am debating for the rights of pedophiles due to my own morals. This is quite the opposite- while I personally do not find that it is acceptable to monitor people because of a crime the committed and have already paid their debt for, I prefer to make my arguments based on cold hard facts, not weak and flammable opinions like my opponent is obviously prone too. Sadly, due to time limits, I have one less argument I can make- but on the basis that I have presented reasonable and proven information on the subject, while he has only made personal attacks on my wit and moral, I don't think that it will prove much of a problem at all.

While my opponent wasted over half his argument trying to convince you that I am a flawed person, I presented you with facts that can only speak the truth: Tagging of Pedophiles would not be productive. My opponent states that they should be brought to justice? Well, they have been! The convicted pedophiles that would be tagged would have spent year after year in prison, and would have already been "brought to justice" as he so kindly put it. Tagging them after their sentence is over would be a violation of human rights as stated in our American constitution, and henceforth illegal.

Obviously, my opponent is well read but, alas, he is not well informed. He believes that by simply trying to sound witty, or be slightly amusing people will vote for him? Ha! Pathetic- people should vote fort he fact that while pedophiles have done wrong, they have served their time for it. You should vote for the fact that the billions of our tax dollars it would take to run this program would be better spent on medication and therapy for our citizens who have a mental deficiency that makes them have a sexual attraction to a prepubescent child. Tagging pedophiles won't stop anything- it'll just be a waste of time and money on everyone's part.

Obviously, this is my last chance to convince you to vote for my obvious facts and evidence, my conceited opponent will be up next to try to persuade you by attacking my intelligence or common sense. Don't listen to his foolish complaints- yes, pedophilia is wrong. But there are worse things in this world! There is murder, there are small children be kidnapped and forced to kill their own parents. Pedophiles have served their time, and should not be persecuted further, to a point of illegality! I plead you, listen to me and open your eyes to the fact that this is an absolute waste of time. After hours upon hours of research, I could not find a single reason why this action should be put in place- and my reason has nothing to do with philosophers or novels. I have facts, facts I have presented to you- And I will not sink to the level my opponent has by disrespecting myself and appearing as a person who has no, or does not care to gain, knowledge on the subject they are debating.

This is not about right and wrong! Morals, virtues, religion, beliefs- no, this is about the flawed American legal system and their absurd propositions. This is about people who have paid the price for their actions not having to pay more! The government is in dept to the poor men and women who would be affected by this proposition, just by mentioning it- it is cruel and unusual to even think of such a thing. If you, as my opponent does, find me blinded by morals and hidden behind a curtain, oblivious to light, then please! Cast aside everything, look at the information, the facts, the truth I have presented you with and disregard any doubt my opponent has given you- it's clear that there is only one way to vote for this proposition... and that's against it.
Zaradi

Pro

My opponent has returned already? They must have gotten him to confess to his crimes swiftly. I praise the work of Big Brother to allow my fellow comrade to rejoin society, if only to commit the same crimes he did before. For that, he shall be punished swiftly once again, but this time, mercy will not be an option.

My opponent says that she speaks the truth, but ignores the prophetic truth that stands in front of her. 1984, a prophesy in disguise as a novel, written by George Orwell, pseudo name for the man, the name, the legend, Eric Blair. It is right here, it is the cold, hard truth. She may choose to hide behind her 'facts' and her 'truth', but they will soon be like dust in the wind, virtually nothing. Her eyes are clouded by the clouds that cloud, but I see clearly now that the rain is gone! My eyes are free of the clouds that cloud, and I see the truth for what it truly is.

My opponent says that the current government, and I agree! But to change it for the better, we must fully monitor every person, in every moment of their life. This would include pedophiles as well. I have shown, through the prophetic works of Eric Blair, that a regime that monitors and controls every aspect of life will lead to increasing amounts of joy and happiness, regardless of their place in life! It is for the overall good of all!

My opponent wishes to appeal to your inner emotions, but shut them off and listen to reason! The truth is in front of us all! Your eyes can be lifted of the clouds that cloud and your sight can see straight through the veil and into the truth of the world! Her words are lies, her 'facts' and 'truth' are all slanderous blasphemy, intent on making our beloved Big Brother look wrong, but it is not the truth! Her mind has been poisoned by the treacherous Emmanuel Goldstein, and she shall soon be punished once and for all for her transgressions.

My opponent wishes for you to cast aside everything else and look at the information, but the only truth in this world is imbedded within the prophesy of 1984! You must begin your journey of enlightenment there, and you shall soon see things as I see things. As such, the only true vote will be one for the pro debater. If you do not, I fear that the end result of it will be evaporation and a swift death.
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
THETT! NOT YOU TOO! THOUGHTCRIME SHALL BE THE END OF YOU!
nac
Posted by thett3 4 years ago
thett3
Pedophiles should be executed.
Posted by Buddamoose 4 years ago
Buddamoose
Ive been reading through it and I cant help but think, Plato really managed to make something so wrong actually seem so reasonable
Posted by Buddamoose 4 years ago
Buddamoose
lol 1984 is the baby of plato's republic...
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
aw
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
Awh, a forfeit? That's no good...
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
You, too, shall be evaporated by the thought police. It is now only a matter of time.
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
they should be shot!
Posted by Zaradi 4 years ago
Zaradi
>:D But wait. It has only just begun.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
you have come a long way young grasshopper....
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
crillabluZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: pro had far superior arguments in my opinion. I also gave conduct to the pro since the con FF a round...
Vote Placed by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
crillabluZaradiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conducts and arguments to pro for the forfeit.