FanboyMctroll
X1

Pedophilia is not curable - give them the death penalty

X1 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

FanboyMctroll

Pro

Pedophilia is not curable, there are drugs to suppress it but drugs can be omitted and skipped by the pedophile.

If you get convicted of pedophilia you should be either sentenced to death or put on an isolated island in the pacific like the British did with convicts in Australia. The problem today is that a pedophile who is charged and sentenced for a couple of years will be out and will do it again. Instead the government gives them new identities and places them in our communities with discretion's like you can't be within so many yards of a school or playground. This does not work, is someone watching these people, they stop taking their meds and are back at it.

The reason I call for the death penalty is because a pedophile will ruin an innocent child's life for ever for their own sexual gratification and then they will do it again when they get released from jail, there is no cure for it!!! If you get sentenced for pedophilia you should be given the needle.
X1

Con

Pro has not provided any evidence or substantive reasoning for the assertions being made, so I presume the first round is for acceptance.

The resolution: “Pedophilia is not curable - give them the death penalty”

This is a compound proposition. Pro must substantiate the claim P, that Pedophilia is not curable, and that Q,this necessarily entails that they should be awarded the death penalty.

I can negate the resolution by either A) Establishing that it is the case that pedophilia is curable, or B) Establishing the case that pedophilia does not warrant the death penalty

I shall put forth two primary lines of argumentation:

1. Pedophilia is curable, depending on what is meant by curable. A distinction must be made. From pro’s opening, pro seems to be concerned with recidivism, not the complete elimination of pedophilic urges. So if pro is equating cure with non-recidivism, or even if urges are reduced to such a level that recidivism is a non-concern, then I will argue that it is curable. I shall need pro to clarify.

2. That if it is not curable, then there is an underlying psychological/neurophysiological/genetic cause that negates the free will of the afflicted, and as such, the afflicted can not be held morally accountable, and thereby, that the notion of retributive justice relating to the afflicted is non-applicable.

I look forward to an interesting debate, and pass it back to pro.

FanboyMctroll

Pro

Pedophilia is not curable, sedating someone or loading them up with drugs to stop the urges to molest young children is not a cure for pedophilia, that is like putting a band aide on a bullet hole. The condition of being a pedophile does not go away with time, there are no medications to get rid of it like a virus or common cold, we only know how to suppress the condition with drugs. The problem there is that drugs need to be administered daily and we leave it up to the pedophile to follow these directions and take his medication, this absolutely does not work because people can not be trusted to take their medication. People come off of medications all the time for whatever reason, schizophrenics stop taking their Med's, people with depression stop taking Med's, we can not trust a pedophile to keep taking their medication for the rest of their lives. This is the same argument as if we found a wonder drug to keep serial killers from the urge to kill, as soon as you stop taking the medication you are back to you old self. Pedophilia is one of the worst crimes in society, it leaves our most vulnerable beings, the children scarred and traumatized for life, what at the expense of some perverted persons fantasy. Execute them all, I have no sympathy for pedophile scum.

As to your point of this being a medical condition, I DON'T CARE IF IT'S A MENTAL CONDITION, people make excuses for every condition, a killer kills someone and we are supposed to feel sorry for him because maybe he had mental illness, bottom line you killed someone, mental illness is not an excuse, you are a sick freak It's the same for pedophilia, if it's a mental condition then why do these people still function and hold down regular jobs and function like normal people in society. Lets stop pretending to make excuses for these people. I'm calling for genocide to all pedophiles, you don't belong in our society, our kids should be free to explore the world without having sick freaks praying on them.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 1 week ago
FanboyMctroll
This is why they need to do it like in Russia, as soon as you are found guilty, they take you in to the basement and put a bullet in the back of your head. $0.50 for the bullet. That is what they did with their biggest serial killer Chikatilo who murdered over 50 children.

Non of this keeping people on death row for 15 years of appeals. The whole point of the death penalty is to prevent reoffending, criminals do not change once they are out they are back to their old ways, by killing them they are gone, pedophiles should be classified the same way as serial killers, wipe them out completely, there is no rehabilitation for these people and we don't need the sick fvcks in society. I will be happy to pull the switch or inject the needle on behalf of the state.
Posted by XDM 1 week ago
XDM
@FanboyMctroll "Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population."

"With 11 executions spread over 27 years, on a per execution basis, California and federal taxpayers have paid more than $250 million for each execution. It costs approximately $90,000 more a year to house an inmate on death row, than in the general prison population or $57.5 million annually."

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty
Posted by Curly_Fryz 1 week ago
Curly_Fryz
They wouldn't be paying $75,000 a year to house a single inmate. I don't think they even spend that much on all of the inmates combined. Its not like they're having 5 star meals every day. Prison food is worse than a McDonald's dollar menu, and even cheaper.
Not only that, but even with the monthly electricity and gas bills, it still gets nowhere near 75,000 a year. Plus, if its a child molester that gets put in prison, they aren't going to make it very long anyways.
And my final point: Why would you want to kill all of them? How is that going to make anything better? If you kill a serial killer, you become a killer as well. It changes nothing.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 2 weeks ago
FanboyMctroll
I don't get your reasoning that keeping them in jail is cheaper. How is $75,000/year for housing them cheaper then a $12.00 one time needle.
Posted by XDM 2 weeks ago
XDM
This debate is ultimately about the death penalty. I would argue that you should just imprison them for life as it is much much cheaper than killing them. If you argued instead that pedophiles cannot change and should therefor not be released after an offense, that would be much harder to argue against.
That being said, pedophilia is only the label given to those who have are attracted to children no matter the age of the pedophile. The attraction itself is not a crime, rape is. Pedophiles aren't always rapists. Pedophiles should not be given the death penalty for 2 main reasons:

1: The state of being a pedophile is not in itself a crime and does not beget punishment. I myself know a self proclaimed pedophile who does not in fact rape children and is not a criminal, he controls his desires in harmless ways.
2: Even those pedophiles who do commit the crime of raping a child should not be killed as it is an ineffective punishment that only harms the american taxpayer. Incarceration for life would be much more cost efficient and still achieves the purpose of ridding them from society.