shikhadessai
kingsjester

Pen is mightier than the sword.

shikhadessai

shikhadessai

Pro

I think that the pen is mightier than the sword. For instance, India got freedom due to non-violence, not violence...
kingsjester

Con

I will use this round for acceptance and than I will use the following rounds for these purposes.
Rd 2: Case
Rd 3: rebuttal (with evidence)
Rd 4: rebuttal (with evidence)
Rd 5: reasons why you won the debate (no further evidence)

At the beginning of my opponents case, I kindly request that you clarify whether you accept this debate structure or not.
shikhadessai

Pro

shikhadessai forfeited this round.
kingsjester

Con

I will use this round to present my case
1. American Revolution. The American revolution was a war that was started because the Americans were sick of being controlled by Britain. Before this war was started however, a couple of events took place. One thing that took place was the drafting of the Declaration of Independence. This was a document in which the Americans declared themselves independent from the rule of Britain. The point is they drafted this document and nothing happened, this document didn't free them from England the only thing that did was when the Americans took up arms against Britain, only action freed them from England. Sub point:petitions. According to revolutionary_war_and_beyond.com, before the revolutionary war the first continental congress and many colonists sent petitions to England in order to change how England treated America, none of which worked. The second continental congress decided to send the olive
Branch petition, a petition in which the Americans only asked for reconciliation, not even independence from England. The king of England responded to this by declaring the American rebels. We can see through this evidence that the sword is indeed stronger than the pen. I would write more but as I am typing from my iPad which is extremely hard I will only post one point also as my opponent dropped the case round I feel it is unnecessary to post another argument Thank you a please cast a con ballot. Source: http://www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com...
shikhadessai

Pro

shikhadessai forfeited this round.
kingsjester

Con

Sigh another debate round where my opponent continues to drop round after round and then nobody votes so sad.
shikhadessai

Pro

We come across the old truth "pen is mightier than sword" in serious discussions. Since the pen is used to espress idesas and the sowrd is used to impose one's will by superior violence, the statement really means that ideas have more influence than violence. Since violence is always used for a purpose, there is a some idea behind violence. What matters is the kind of idea in the service of which violence is used. The sword can only destroy, but the pein-the ideas expressed by the pen-can also build. The pen is the vehicel of thought and ideas have helped man to reise over purely savage conditions. They have built up free institutions and democracy. Thought enables man to voyage through the infinite the philosophy to unlock the secrets of the universe in science, to contemplate the universe, to create beauty and to commune with God. It is in this sense that the pen is mightier than the sword. It must be emphasized that non-violent is not a method for cowards. If one uses this method because he is afraied or merely because he lacks the intruments of violence, he is not truly non-violent. The Phrase "passive resistance" often gives the false impression that this is a sort of do-nothing method in which the resister quietly and passively acceps evil. But nothing is further from truth. For while the non-violent resister is passive in sense that he is not physically aggresive toward his opponent, his mind and emotions are always active, constantly seeking to persuade his opponent that he is wrong.
kingsjester

Con

kingsjester forfeited this round.
shikhadessai

Pro

shikhadessai forfeited this round.
kingsjester

Con

I believe that I have won this debate as I have proved through an example backed with evidence that the sword is stronger. My opponent has only looked at a situation where the sword was involved and has had no evidence backing her point. She also hasn't shown an example where the sword and the pen can be compared, however, I have used an example that compares the two together and have proved that in a situation where both are involved, the sword wins out. Please cast a con ballot.
Posted by shikhadessai 4 years ago
shikhadessai
Yes, but my opinion has valid points, and also, in the first round i have told you how India got freedom due to Mahatma Gandhi without the use of violence...now, isn't THAT proof?
Posted by kingsjester 4 years ago
kingsjester
but that's your opinion, I have shown through an example with evidence that the sword is stronger you just gave me your opinion.
Posted by shikhadessai 4 years ago
shikhadessai
Please look a round 4 where I have EXPLAINED...
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
I would love to vote if I was able to better see both sides of the argument...
Posted by kingsjester 4 years ago
kingsjester
My opponent says that you should vote for pro as it is proved and everyone knows it is mightier, but where is your evidence opponent.
Posted by shikhadessai 4 years ago
shikhadessai
Vote for pro, since everyone KNOWS that the pen is mightier than the sword, and it is proved...
Posted by shikhadessai 4 years ago
shikhadessai
yes i do accept this format....
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
c====>~~~ is mightier than the c==||=========> (-.-)

Also

(-(-(-(-(-.-)-)-)-)-)
Beware te chinese mafia
Vote Placed by qopel 4 years ago
qopel
shikhadessaikingsjesterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Just being fair