MLI1997
surpy

People Are Becoming Famous For All The Wrong Reasons

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

MLI1997

Pro

Nowadays, anyone can be famous. Whether it's drinking nonstop, having lots of babies or singing badly. Why in the world should someone earn money for doing nothing and having fun? For example, Snooki is famous because she got punched for trash talking. I personally think she deserved it. Also that show, Teen Mom, is making babies look cool. Kate Gosslin is famous for having babies and not taking care of them while divorcing her husband. Then there are the two worst singers of our time, Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black. Justin Bieber sings like a girl and Rebecca Black sings like Donald Duck going through puberty. Why are these people even earning money?
surpy

Con

-Observations-
I take it that Pro has to say: People are becoming famous for all the wrong reasons, and Con has to say: People are becoming famous for all the right reasons, and by 'People' you mean celebrities, and by 'becoming famous' you mean becoming a "star" or a celebrity. Without and certain individual in questioning in this debate it must be assumed that the topic means everyone who is becoming famous.

-Now to my three points.-
1. You can't blame a handful of people
2. The reason why they are famous
3. Opinion is not fact

-1. You can't blame a handful of people-
Everyone who becomes famous is for a reason, it might be singing, it might be acting, or it might be performing a special talent. Although you have mentioned a few people, that some might question, you can't say that everyone who becomes famous. My opponent must say that every single person becoming famous is for the wrong reasons as I stated in my observations.

-2. The reason why they are famous-
So to the certain people that my opponent has mentioned like "Justin Bieber" and "Rebecca Black", the reason why they are becoming famous is because they can sing. Like I said in my first point, it takes talent to be famous, and these people can sing, and they have huge a huge fan base. My opponent has also mentioned some people on TV that are becoming famous, once again they have a certain talent that is making them famous, either it is acting or can do something that can entertain masses of people.

-3. Opinion is not fact-
Everyone has an opinion, some people hate Justin Bieber, and some like Justin Bieber, and there is nothing wrong in hating somebody or liking somebody, but you can't say "how can they be famous? they have no talent!" when other people think they have talent. Fact is, these people got "discovered" and now are famous for performing their talent and entertaining a huge mass of people.

-To my opponent's case-
"Why in the world should someone earn money for doing nothing and having fun?"
You contradicted yourself by saying what these people did.

"Snookie"
She can entertain masses of people, even being punched.

"Kate Gosslin"
Once again, she can entertain masses of people, even having babies and having "TV drama".

"Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black"
And again, they can entertain masses of people by singing.

-Conclusion-
You can't judge all the people becoming famous for only a small handful of people who would be questionable to people of having talent or not. There are still many people becoming famous for all the right reasons.

Vote Con!
MLI1997

Pro

MLI1997 forfeited this round.
surpy

Con

surpy forfeited this round.
MLI1997

Pro

MLI1997 forfeited this round.
surpy

Con

surpy forfeited this round.
Posted by surpy 6 years ago
surpy
I am going to accept the challenge, but in a little bit.
Posted by MLI1997 6 years ago
MLI1997
A little considering how many hobos are out there!
Posted by Narwal19 6 years ago
Narwal19
u mad bro?
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
MLI1997surpyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made the most out of a poor showing and double suicide.