Dr.1up
Rami

People Never Pooped Before The Toilet Was Invented... 2!!!

Started: 11/3/2015 Category: Funny

Dr.1up

Pro

I am a master debater and I'm here once again to show off my master debating skills! I'm now certain that my skills are so good that I can even prove the impossible!

Just the other day, I was sitting on the commode while reading Dilbert and thinking to myself, "Ya know... This would be really uncomfortable if this toilet wasn't here."
Thus, I came to the inevitable conclusion: No human ever pooped before the toilet was invented.

Having come to said conclusion, I created a debate called "People Never Pooped Before The Toilet Was Invented." unfortunately, some complications arose and I was not able to finish the debate so I'm going to "re-do" that debate and do it properly this time around.

Think you can prove me wrong? Do you think that you are"all that?"

Well then, take me on in this quick little game of wit and I'll show you that I am, hands down, the number one debater in town... again :)
Rami

Con

I am exicted for this debate, even though I believe I will regret it.
Dr.1up

Pro

Thanks to Rami for choosing to appose me in this debate :)

My argument for why people never pooped before the toilet was invented goes as follows:

The term "poop" comes from the onomatopoeia poupen or popen, which originally meant "fart". "Poop" didn't come into its current meaning until sometime around the year 1900 A.D.

Were toilets invented before the year 1900 A.D.? If so, then the statement "No human ever pooped before the toilet was invented" is a true statement.

Well, I happen to be in luck because some of the first indoor toilets can be seen in civilizations as far back as the Indus Valley civilization (2,600-1,900 BC) where streets were built on a grid pattern and networks of sewers were dug under them. That's a good 4,500 years before 1900 A.D. and that just accounts for the toilets which used running water.

The truth is we actually don't know exactly when the toilet was first "invented" because a toilet can be defined as any apparatus that is used for defecation and urination. Technically, that means that anything you use for peeing in or on would be your proverbial toilet. So the person who invented the toilet... was the first person who ever pooped :P
Rami

Con

You haven't proven that people only started farting after the toilet was invented.

https://m.youtube.com...
In this video link, there is a part discussing the first 'joke'. It was something about farting, and that was thousands of years ago. I have provided the BoP, and I hand the mike over to Pro to refute me.
Dr.1up

Pro

Are you admitting that I have proven that people never pooped before the toilet was invented?
Rami

Con

No, you haven't given any proof yet. My proof about pooping is that there were chamber pots before toilets.
Dr.1up

Pro

Did you even read my arguement? I have made several statements of proof at this point...
Rami

Con

Rami forfeited this round.
Dr.1up

Pro

Dr.1up forfeited this round.
Rami

Con

I knew I would regret this debate.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
They fixed it finally.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
Something's weird with the system.
Posted by Rami 1 year ago
Rami
Whoops, my bad. I forgot to post my argument.