Dr.1up
Tetyana101

People Never Pooped Before The Toilet Was Invented

Started: 10/29/2015 Category: Funny

Dr.1up

Con

I am a master debater and I'm here to show off my master debating skills. I've never lost a debate in my life and I'm now certain that my skills are so good that I can even prove the impossible.
Just the other day, I was sitting on the commode while reading Dilbert and thinking to myself, "Ya know... This would be really uncomfortable if this toilet wasn't here."
Thus, I came to the inevitable conclusion: No human ever pooped before the toilet was invented.
Think you can prove me wrong?
Well then, take me on in this quick little game of wit and I'll show you that I am, hands down, the number one debater in town.
Tetyana101

Pro

You can't lie to a body system. Humans had stomachs and intestines even when they were just evolving. That means that they had to poop sometimes. And with no toilets, people would have just went to the bushes and done their business.
Dr.1up

Con

You make a good point; I'll give you that :) However, that information is irrelevant to my statement. Humans may have had stomachs and intestines in their early stages, but we didn't "poop" until much later.

You see, the term "poop" comes from the onomatopoeia poupen or popen, which originally meant "fart". "Poop" didn't come into its current meaning until sometime around the year 1900 A.D.
Were toilets invented before the year 1900 A.D.? If so, then the statement "No human ever pooped before the toilet was invented" is a true statement.

Well, I happen to be in luck because some of the first indoor toilets can be seen in civilizations as far back as the Indus Valley civilization (2,600-1,900 BC) where streets were built on a grid pattern and networks of sewers were dug under them. That's a good 4,500 years before 1900 A.D. and that just accounts for the toilets which used running water.

The truth is we actually don't know exactly when the toilet was first "invented" because a toilet can be defined as any apparatus that is used for defecation and urination. Technically, that means that anything you use for peeing in or on would be your proverbial toilet. So the person who invented the toilet... was the first person who ever pooped.
Tetyana101

Pro

You have very good points, however the first poop to be ever found was 50,000 years old. During that time Neanderthals roamed the Earth, meaning there was no way a toilet could have been made. However according to national geographic the first poop to be made was at that time, way before the toilet.
You brought up the point that poop originated in 1900 AD, but actually the term was very popular in the 1560-1580s. The first toilet was made in 1596. As you can see the it was made later than the actual term poop. Therefore I must state the people did poop before the first toilet.
Dr.1up

Con

Dr.1up forfeited this round.
Tetyana101

Pro

Tetyana101 forfeited this round.
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
Pro argued for the wrong side.
Posted by Dr.1up 1 year ago
Dr.1up
lol just take out the word "said" in the comment below
Posted by Dr.1up 1 year ago
Dr.1up
However, I am sorry :\ I shouldn't have said claimed, "My opponent just googled some stuff that would fit her argument and went with it without even checking the info." I've had a stressful week and that was just inconsiderate of me
Posted by Dr.1up 1 year ago
Dr.1up
I didn't mean to be rude miss, but if you look up the Indus Valley civilization you will see that people had toilets long before the year 1596 :P
Posted by Tetyana101 1 year ago
Tetyana101
Excuse you. I checked each facts credibility and saw many similar resources. I don't just google things up without checking to make sure they are credible.
Posted by Dr.1up 1 year ago
Dr.1up
Sorry that I was not able to finish this debate. I've been super busy during the past few days, but I'll be making even more outrageous claims for some more interesting debates in the near future. Also, just so you know, all of the evidence that I presented in this debate was factual, look it up. My opponent just googled some stuff that would fit her argument and went with it without even checking the info. Sorry once again for the forfeit and I'll see you guys soon. Thanks
Posted by Dr.1up 1 year ago
Dr.1up
(o.O) Oh... Duh.
Well you live and you learn I guess XD
Sorry about the confusion!
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Well you usually go pro if you agree with the statement in the resolution. It's only if you phrase it as a question that being con would make sense.

But I approve of this debate so hard I don't even care.
Posted by Dr.1up 1 year ago
Dr.1up
Heck yeah I"m con! I am certain that no human ever pooped before the toilet was invented :)
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
Are you Pro or Con???