MadHog99
Wishing4Winter

People Should Wear Mismatching Socks

MadHog99

Pro

People should be able to wear mismatched socks without people saying "That looks dumb," or "That is stupid."
I think that they look cool... it makes it so you can wear one CLEAN sock design for 2 days in a row, because you have 2 socks, or 1 pair.
Wishing4Winter

Con

Some quick references that I will use throughout this discourse:

Matching Socks: MS

Mismatching Socks: MMS

No Socks: NS

Man: referring to mankind, homo-sapiens

Overview"

The topic of debate is “People should wear mismatching socks”. The affirmative position therefore must neccearily judge that people should wear mismatching socks over matching socks or no socks. Therefore it will be the position of the negative that people should wear whatever socks they want, whether it be matching, mismatching or none as the agent in this case, presumably a human being, is an autonomous being therefore they should do as they wish. However if my opponent is referring to non-human agents in this resolution then he should clarify this in the next round and I reserve the right to then address this.

I will now precede to attack my opponents case:

"“People should be able to wear mismatched socks without people saying "That looks dumb," or "That is stupid.""

This statement does not affirm the resolution. It does not give any reason or rational as to why the wearing of MMS is superior to wearing NS or MS. I wholeheartedly agree that people should BE ABLE to wear mismatched socks without being subject to condensation by one’s peers, however this is not a reason for an affirmative ballot as it is a non-unique argument that can exist in both the affirmative and negative world.

"“I think that they look cool... it makes it so you can wear one CLEAN sock design for 2 days in a row, because you have 2 socks, or 1 pair.”"

Now this argument can be solved for in the negative world, one may buy two pairs of the same design of sock and one may therfore wear one clean sock design for 2 days in a row.

On a side note the “The Art of Manliness” (a leading publication in sock community) explains in their enlightening article, entitled “A Man’s Guide to Socks”, that the number one rule is that one’s socks should indeed match. However it is my position that one should wear MS, MMS, or NS, whatever suits their fancy which negates the assertion that one should wear matching socks.

My case:

Human beings are autonomous

Men are self-owning, we may do what we wish, as long as our actions do not impede that of others. As long as the lack of wearing of MMS does not impede the actions of others we cannot restrict the autonomy of man by judging that one should wear MMS over MS or NS. As harms have yet to be established by the affirmative we can clearly see that one should be able to wear MS, MMS, or NS with no prioritization of which that is necessitated by the affirmative world.

MadHog99

Pro

MadHog99 forfeited this round.
Wishing4Winter

Con

Extend my case as my opponent has forfeited. I strongly urge a negative ballot.
MadHog99

Pro

MadHog99 forfeited this round.
Wishing4Winter

Con

Extend my case and vote CON for this resolution as my opponent has forfeited.
Posted by MadHog99 4 years ago
MadHog99
Wow! I feel so bad now... I completely forgot about the arguments! It automatically said I forfeited! I am so so so sorry... I got on your case and then I didn't even post!
Posted by Wishing4Winter 4 years ago
Wishing4Winter
It's all good :) I'm sorry if I took a while to post, I tend to post near last minute usually, however for the next few rounds I will try not to do so.
Posted by MadHog99 4 years ago
MadHog99
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. But can you post your argument so we can go to round 2 and 3... there are only about 8 hours left.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
MadHog99
Posted by Wishing4Winter 4 years ago
Wishing4Winter
Okay, thanks for reminding me, I'll post within the hour
Posted by MadHog99 4 years ago
MadHog99
Wishing4Winter POST YOUR ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!