ILoveyou_Forever26
jblax12

People Shouodnt Want to be "Ghetto" or from their, so stop acting like it

ILoveyou_Forever26

Pro

It really bothers me when someone says they're from the 'ghetto', it's not a good place. So why would you brag about it? I go to a school where there's tons of white rich kids who try to be like it. They're all "Oh #compton", they annoy me. I grew up in a part of town that wasn't as bad as Compton, but it was pretty bad. It's actually really scary. You can't walk around night time without someone mugging you, jumping you or someone tries to rape you. Walking in the neighborhood is especially dangerous for women. You're stuff will get vandalized for no reason. One time, I was sitting in my living room with my grandma. Out of nowhere 3 big heavy cement bricks came crashing through our windows, for no reason. We never did anything to anyone. Just happened. After that they started beating the crap out of her car. Glass was everywhere, there wasn't one window that wasn't smashed in. There was at least one shooting every week and a half, sometimes 3. Drug deals happen non-stop. Most of the reason why the shootings occur. As if of that time I was 14, I couldn't walk out of the house and go for a peaceful walk at daytime without having pepper spray on me and carry a knife. All for self defense. It's not a good place, nothing to be proud of. So it bothers me that they think it's "cool", they haven't seen anything I have like that.
jblax12

Con

Ok so I get your point. But you have to look at it from an economical side. There are already few amounts of jobs and opportunities to make money legally that every opportunity is a great way to get off the streets. The demand for this "Ghetto" music, clothing, etc. is satisfied by the individuals that come from these places. This desire to be "ghetto" has created a billion dollar industry. For some people rapping seems to be the only way to escape poverty and fear so if you take away the demand for rap m
ILoveyou_Forever26

Pro

ILoveyou_Forever26 forfeited this round.
jblax12

Con

jblax12 forfeited this round.
ILoveyou_Forever26

Pro

jblax12

Con

jblax12 forfeited this round.
Posted by ILoveyou_Forever26 2 years ago
ILoveyou_Forever26
Two teenage boys. They did a lot of stuff in our neighbor hood like that. Vinny and Devante. They were about 16. They went to my school
Posted by Theunkown 2 years ago
Theunkown
Boggles my mind that they would randomly throw bricks and beat up cars.
ILoveyou_Forever26
I was in downtown Duluth. Not by canal park, but the upper part of it. Minnesota.
Posted by intellectuallyprimitive 2 years ago
intellectuallyprimitive
Where were you when all of this happened? What city?