dr_mcdavid
IAlwaysWinDebates

People can live with a normal life after leaving the criminal one

dr_mcdavid

Pro

Hello everybody. I gonna argue that people are able to live a normal life after leaving the criminal life
IAlwaysWinDebates

Con

I take it round one is acceptance, so I accept to this debate. I look forward to debating with you good sir.
dr_mcdavid

Pro

1. Since they are in prison, they have committed a crime, but aren't laws made by either government or democratically ??
So does that mean that law makers can decide the moral values of people, aren't they equal to the criminal as a human ??
2. And in what extend can you judge one's acts without knowing the motive, what if they had been bullied and were forced to make crime ??

Your turn Con
IAlwaysWinDebates

Con

First I'd like to bring up the point that you never once said your stance or made an argument on; "People can live with a normal life after leaving the criminal one" you just dodged the question. When you are suppose to be defending your point on how one can lead a normal life after doing a crime of some sort. Now i assume you would like me to answer your questions.

1: "Since they are in prison, they have committed a crime, but aren't laws made by either government or democratically ??"
A: "Laws begin as ideas. First, a representative sponsors a bill. The bill is then assigned to a committee for study. If released by the committee, the bill is put on a calendar to be voted on, debated or amended. If the bill passes by simple majority (218 of 435), the bill moves to the Senate. In the Senate, the bill is assigned to another committee and, if released, debated and voted on. Again, a simple majority (51 of 100) passes the bill. Finally, a conference committee made of House and Senate members works out any differences between the House and Senate versions of the bill. The resulting bill returns to the House and Senate for final approval. The Government Printing Office prints the revised bill in a process called enrolling. The President has 10 days to sign or veto the enrolled bill." Source: http://www.house.gov...

2: "2. And in what extend can you judge one's acts without knowing the motive, what if they had been bullied and were forced to make crime ??"

A: "Question from a reader: If person A threatens person B with the loss of B's job if B does not cut the brake line of C's car, who can be held liable for the crime?

The short answer is that, if B actually cuts the brake line, both A and B can be convicted. That would at least be a vandalism charge, and possibly attempted murder, depending on the specific circumstances.

B would be liable as the direct perpetrator, since he did the criminal act of cutting the brake line. A would be liable as an aider and abettor or an accessory because he got B to do it. (Although we usually think of an accessory as being less culpable than the direct perpetrator, that is not necessarily so, as this example demonstrates.)" source: http://www.criminallawconsulting.com...

Now I'd like to bring up some points to defend my case that after a crime you cannot go back to your "Normal life" First I'd like to ask you a question; What crime was committed and to what was the extent such as: If the crime was stealing; what did he steal? was it a diamond or a pencil; if the crime was that of killing (murder) who was the victim and how was he killed. This whole question depends on the type of crime.

Your move Pro.
dr_mcdavid

Pro

dr_mcdavid forfeited this round.
IAlwaysWinDebates

Con

It seems my opponent have forfeit, but I will give me another chance to reply.
dr_mcdavid

Pro

dr_mcdavid forfeited this round.
IAlwaysWinDebates

Con

IAlwaysWinDebates forfeited this round.
dr_mcdavid

Pro

dr_mcdavid forfeited this round.
IAlwaysWinDebates

Con

He has once again forfeit. I believe I have won this vote Con.