Chargers
madlibs

People cannot be sure that they will save a best friends life until they are in the moment

madlibs

Chargers

Pro

So many people will say that they would give their life for that of a friends but this type of thing cannot be answered directly with a definite yes but more with a "I would like to believe that I would". This is completely a situational type of thing where the situation that you are put in effects the decision that is made. You cannot be sure of any of the answers that you give until you are put in that moment.
madlibs

Con

A person says that they would save a best friend because they would, therefore, they are sure.

Now if the moment was to come by they have one of two options; they either stick to their word or they panic and fail. One way or the other the person was entirely sure that they would save that friend. In the end, however, some people's sureness might just have become negligible.
Chargers

Pro

Chargers forfeited this round.
madlibs

Con

I would give my life for my best friend, my wife, in all possible instances of future circumstances. I know so because it's an oath I bear for her because it's my solemnly sworn duty to keep her protected. I will hence for furthermore always remain sure that I'd take a bullet, cocoon her body, or intervene in any way possible to protect her life.
Chargers

Pro

Chargers forfeited this round.
madlibs

Con

Round 3 of 5.
Chargers

Pro

Chargers forfeited this round.
madlibs

Con

I don't know how to progress the debate without a reply.
Chargers

Pro

Chargers forfeited this round.
madlibs

Con

People can be sure that they will save a best friends life. Passion, duty, and reverence guide them to the moment of heroism. A person can predetermine how they feel and can act accordingly, sure that they would the entire time along.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Tip for next time: Always post a notification in the comments when your debate enters the voting period, as anyone who has made comments, is likely to receive a notification.
Posted by IndianaFrank 2 years ago
IndianaFrank
Well then what about combat veterans ? They have experienced that type of stuff before and if one says he would defend you then I believe he would.... You cant lump the world together.
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
You could debate this with any scenario, and its literally pointless.

"So many people will say that they would give their life for that of a friends but this type of thing cannot be answered directly with a definite yes"

Well duh, you haven't done it.

I will say I will live to the age of 75. I can never say this will be true, because I haven't done it yet.

I will say I am going to eat a donut today. This is never true until I actually do it.

What kind of debate is this?
Posted by Free_Th1nker 2 years ago
Free_Th1nker
I think this question could be better proposed as people cannot be sure they would risk/give their life in order to save a friend's life.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
I was actually thinking exactly what Ragnar put.
Posted by Chargers 2 years ago
Chargers
Ragnar- I completely understand the fact that the troops have the ability to make these decisions quickly. But for a person that has not served in the military it is not that simply. They have been trained to make these sorts of decisions. But if you look at it in the situational sense then it becomes a completely different outcome, to the point where the slightest change can completely change what a person does.

Gogert777- loyal does not always mean that they are willing to give their life for a best friend.
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Welcome to the site, I will not snipe this... However, I've served in the army, I literally know my reactions on such matters because I have had to make them before.
Posted by Gogert777 2 years ago
Gogert777
Not everyone. There are some very loyal people out there.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
ChargersmadlibsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture