PatrickTheWise
applestoapples

People can't have relations such as in prostitution outside a marriage.

PatrickTheWise

Con

It is the position of the Pro that people can't have relations such, as in prostitution, outside of a marriage.

I will assume the role of the Con in this debate and I look forward to examining your position.

Format:
First round acceptance of debate and opening statement, including position.
Second round rebuttal and supplementary arguments.
Third round rebuttal and closing statements.

Definitions:
Relations: "Sexual Intercourse" [1]
Outside: "beyond the confines or borders of: [2]

[1]:http://dictionary.reference.com...

[2]http://dictionary.reference.com...
applestoapples

Pro

Because I am on the pro side of this debate, I reserve the right to define this topic. I will debate by the following terms.
-I want to make sure that the topic to the best of my understanding is that People SHOULDN’T have relations such as in prostitution outside a marriage. Not that they are unable to, it’s their choice, but I will be arguing for the side that they should not choose to do it.
-Prostitution, according to the Merriam Webster dictionary, is the act of having sex in exchange for money
I will make the point about exploitation of both women and men in prostitution and how it affects them negatively.
Point 1: Prostitution can lead to the exploitation of a person (in most cases the woman)
If we encourage prostitution, women will always know that there is an option for them to make money and that is by having sex with another man, even if they don’t love them. According to the American Journal of Public health, prostitution can lead women in desperate situations to resort to prostitution in order to survive. This leads to men exploiting them and their bodies. This is not alright. Even if the woman gets money for letting the man exploit her body. Women should respect themselves and their bodies, and not resort to prostitution for money. They should be encouraged to stand on their own two feet and use those intuitive brains of theirs. Also, according to Women & Health, a research paper, prostitution can lead to unintended pregnancies. Of course the woman can take birth control, but the problem is that birth control doesn’t work 9% of the time (Vox). So, there is a risk that the woman will get pregnant even with birth control, especially if they are engaging in sex actively through prostitution. And of course there are other forms of birth control, but many men don’t want to have sex that way. They may not like the forms of birth control used by women for it might be uncomfortable for them. Also, they may not wear forms of birth control in order to prevent pregnancy. There are so many risks and factors that contribute to unintended pregnancies, and the right place to have a child is not in the middle of prostitution. Marriage is essential for creating a responsible environment where the child has both their mother and father and can be raised well. It is a necessity in creating a bond of commitment between the mother and father so that the women may not be abandoned with her child by the man, or vice versa. Also, so that both parents can actively take care of their child and be bound to do so by law.
Men will also engage in sex with another woman in order to receive money(prostitution). This will also lead to their exploitation.
PatrickTheWise

Con

PatrickTheWise forfeited this round.
applestoapples

Pro

applestoapples forfeited this round.
PatrickTheWise

Con

PatrickTheWise forfeited this round.
applestoapples

Pro

applestoapples forfeited this round.