Koopin
raindrpdew

People do change

Koopin

Koopin

Pro

My opponent believes people never change, I am challenging her.

I believe that people change.
raindrpdew

Con

This is a debate saying whether people change, and I am for Con. (just so you know)

My argument is that people never change. If you are a cursing person, it is going to take a lot more time to stop cursing because it is second nature. It won't be easy for you, and you are probably going to quit trying. Which makes you a cursing person. You won't change.

If you kill someone, say murder them. You go to jail. Once you get out of jail, most people would say "you have changed." You may even say "I have changed." This is totally wrong. If you go to jail for killing, ultimately you still have the killing spirit within you. You may try to turn your life around and say hey, I'm done killing, time to turn my path around, but you are still going to have to live with the haunting of that day you decided to kill. Which means you sinned, and you aren't going to change.

Good luck Kevin! :]
Koopin

Pro

Thank you for posting your argument.

My opponent believes that people never change.

There are two ways of proving this wrong.

Change: To make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone.

I will first state the obvious. When a baby is born it is smaller than an adult. When the baby grows older, it changes.

That is enough to prove that people do change, but now I will show another way of changing.

Looking at it from the other point, have you ever stolen a piece of candy? Based off of your last argument, that means that you are and always will be a thief. You will always have that "spirit" inside of you.

There have been thousands of murders who are sorry for what they did and will not kill again.

I will end my argument here seeing that I have made my point.
People do change.

(1). http://dictionary.reference.com...
(2). http://www.disabled-world.com...
raindrpdew

Con

Saying that I have 39 minutes to come up with my debate argument, ill do the best I can.

"I will first state the obvious. When a baby is born it is smaller than an adult. When the baby grows older, it changes."

People don't necessarily change. They may change in bodily shape, but on the inside, they stay the same. When a baby is born, they have a smaller portion of everything in their bodies than adult humans do. As they grow, their brains, ect. will get larger. But in reality, they will not change, they will just grow bigger.

"Looking at it from the other point, have you ever stolen a piece of candy? Based off of your last argument, that means that you are and always will be a thief. You will always have that "spirit" inside of you. There have been thousands of murders who are sorry for what they did and will not kill again"

This argument actually supports my side of the case, stating that if you kill, you will always have the killing spirit. Or if you steal, you will always have that killing spirit.

Extended arguments, vote Con since me and my partner both agree with my side of the case.
Koopin

Pro

Thank you for posting your next argument. My argument will be short, seeing I have already made my point.

My opponent has admitted that babies bones, flesh, ect, do get bigger. This is obviously a change. If you would have read my definition you would have clearly seen that that growing is changing. I will again state what the definition of change is.

Change: To make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone

If you notice it says "form".

In no way does my argument support yours, I have no idea how you got that.

Audience, my opponent has failed to prove that people change. Her argument was based on some "spirit" that has no scientific evidence of existing.
I have clearly shown that people do change. Please vote pro,

(1). http://dictionary.reference.com...
raindrpdew

Con

raindrpdew forfeited this round.
Posted by raindrpdew 7 years ago
raindrpdew
apoligies. i dont get on much..i probably will when school starts..either that or find me a new site.
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
Con...Really?
Explain.
Posted by theOverman 7 years ago
theOverman
This is saddening.
Con obviously won.
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
I knew therapy was a scam...and weight loss plans, and rehab, and education, and change of surroundings, etc.
Posted by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
Genetics
Posted by Kinesis 7 years ago
Kinesis
Con's argument seems to hinge on some kind of weird, unchanging spirit inside that compels everyone to do everything.
Posted by raindrpdew 7 years ago
raindrpdew
yeahhh. but i believe con. O.o
Posted by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
PRO on this resolution would be so easy.
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
KoopinraindrpdewTied
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
KoopinraindrpdewTied