UnitedNations
SJM

People freak out about fashion too much.

UnitedNations has forfeited round #2.
Started: 7/5/2016 Category: Fashion

UnitedNations

Pro

I say people worry too much about there hair or what clothes they're wearing. It so dumb because there are people who are too poor to afford the basics and these other people get accept because they can't get these new shoes they saw in a window at some clothes store. Please note I am not blaming all people, there is just a lot of these people, not the majority or all, but a lot.
SJM

Con

Rebuttal

"It so dumb because there are people who are too poor to afford the basics and these other people get accept because they can't get these new shoes they saw in a window at some clothes store" It doesn"t make sense that someone has to feel a certain way because other people can"t get this type of things. There is no reason why someone shouldn"t get frustrated over something just because someone has it worse. Someone always has it worse except for the worse person, but by my opponent"s logic, everyone except that one person wouldn"t be able to complain. This is also saying that anyone who is living can"t complain because other people haven"t had the privilege of living.

Argument

Too much

My opponent is saying that in general people are freaking out over fashion too much, but I would say that generally people are right to freak out over fashion. I assume my opponent would agree that in society how someone looks matters. It tells a story, and therefore it tells about someone"s life. People want other people to get the right idea about them and not get them to see them for something else than what they want. Also for some people it could be a hobby, and saying someone shouldn"t worry themselves out over it is like saying people shouldn"t worry themselves over a sport because there are some people who are unable to play sports.
Posted by UnitedNations 5 months ago
UnitedNations
It was your con argument.
Posted by UnitedNations 5 months ago
UnitedNations
No
Posted by SJM 5 months ago
SJM
Was the first round acceptance?