nat_the_rat
SnowAngel

People have become overly dependent on technology

Started: 3/13/2014 Category: Technology

nat_the_rat

Pro

after doing a lot of research, i have come to a strong Opinion that people are too dependent on technology. for example, if you search for -kids with smartphones- you will find a lot of kids with phones. even young aged kids have iPhones. what happened to our parents? most of our parents got phones as adults maybe teens. so why isn't that happening now?

on the other side of the argument, i get that some kids get phones because they do sports, or their parents are divorce, but i don't think they need the latest phone model. a blackberry can text, email, and call....

i believe part of the problem is the fact that new phones, iPads, smartphones, kindles, and more keep coming out. All you really need to be all tech is a blackberry (i don't think you can get games on it) and maybe a iPad and computer FOR THE FAMILY.

Another reason is to show off. As soon as most people get a phone, they might want to show it off and always have it out.

what do you think.? (I have more to say but I want to at least make sure someone is reading this before I waste my time typing)
SnowAngel

Con

I disagree that people are to reliant on there phones or gadgets. This is because, people still write letters to each other and do meet up for coffee instead of just Skype. How do I know? Well the very fact that the post office and local coffee shops are still up and running (in fact locally there has been bigger demand for Costa Coffee!) because there are still customers!
You are correct, now a days lofts of children have smart phones, but is this really a bad thing? If my child was out alone I would like to know that in a emergency situation, I could contact them! These days libraries don't have information which is always needed, or sometimes a trip to the library is not worth it; particularly if you live far way or the answer needed is something small. That is when the reliable Google comes in, where you can look things up on the go!
I am sure that you have understood from my argument, how technology is helping us instead of drawing us apart!
nat_the_rat

Pro

nat_the_rat forfeited this round.
SnowAngel

Con

SnowAngel forfeited this round.
nat_the_rat

Pro

nat_the_rat forfeited this round.
SnowAngel

Con

SnowAngel forfeited this round.
Posted by Frikcha 3 years ago
Frikcha
I think technology is just a part of human evolution. We can do many more amazing things now and it is thanks to, not only the human mind, but the wonders of technology. Technology of all sorts had generally improved our standard of life and even saved countless human lives over the years.