DrizzyDrake
nhstudent

People have no control over their depression

DrizzyDrake

Pro

Telling a depressed person to "cheer up" or "stop being a baby" is very similar to telling a paralyzed individual to "get up and walk". Anybody disagree?

Round 1 is for acceptance and brief statement only.
nhstudent

Con

Depending on what type of depression you are referencing here I would have to say yes you are correct (assuming that you are referencing clinical depression). However I am forced to say that you are false when it comes to the new type of depression that we see today in many teenagers. The type of depression referenced in the latter statement is depression that is resulted from a breakup or something that is not caused by a chemical (or lack of) in the body. So anyway I am sorry for my lack of solid evidence, I am not in the mood to search through the internet on this topic.
DrizzyDrake

Pro

I'm not sure why you accepted this debate if you agree. Of course I was talking about clinical depression. I disagree that "New depression" exist as you stated.. the Idea that teenagers of the current generation are the only to become "Depressed" (Sad) over a break up is ludicrous. That is not depression, that is being sad.

If Con agrees with Pro, Pro has won the debate.

- Have a good day.
nhstudent

Con

nhstudent forfeited this round.
DrizzyDrake

Pro

If Con has agreed with Pro and forfeited then the debate has been won.

Depression is due to a chemical imbalance.
nhstudent

Con

nhstudent forfeited this round.
DrizzyDrake

Pro

DrizzyDrake forfeited this round.
nhstudent

Con

nhstudent forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
dizzy..... Like I said, what's to debate. If you have something to say, say it.Now I understand that if a person eats $100.00 a week worth of twinkies, she is going to have massive imbalance. But a healthy diet would fix that.
Posted by DrizzyDrake 2 years ago
DrizzyDrake
How long will it take you to understand it is due to an imbalance of chemicals? We didn't have the solution to Tuberculosis.. how do you know we wont be able to balance the chemicals artificially one day? There's a reason you won't accept the debate.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
You never mentioned a " fix". Because in your world there isn't any.All you can do is bellyache about a problem and never coming to the knowledge of what would fix it.Excuses will never help people. All depression is is lack of joy. And that you will only get from the guy who healed the blind mans eyes.Your blindness goes much deeper than his did.
Posted by DrizzyDrake 2 years ago
DrizzyDrake
I might need jesus to spit in the dirt and rub it in my eyes to see where I suggested a fix..
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
What is there to debate. Your "fixes" anti-depression dope, always has a side-effect, suicidal tendencies.That takes away most of your argument right there. Just doping a person into a stupor does not get to the root of the problem. We look for quick fixes in our culture and the roots are still rotten.

Another " fix" your kind want to do is get them to talk about it over ,and over, and over, and over ,and over, and over ,and over,and over,and over,and over.Driving it so deep that it would take a miracle of God to root it out.
Posted by DrizzyDrake 2 years ago
DrizzyDrake
Clinical Depression is a chemical imbalance.

The "Other" depression is cause via heart rate.. something you can't control.

You fools should do some research. I'm talking about the "feeling" of depression, not the individuals response to it.

Do me a favor, don't talk without extensive research on the topic. What all of you are saying are opinions that are contradictory to scientific findings.

NhStudent = You're a product of the New Hampshire school system so i don't fault you, you've been failed by the state since Kindergarten

Cheyennebodie = Making excuses for the further ostracization (Consult dictionary) of depression will not help the people who fall victim to it daily. It will not reduce the suicide pandemic effecting humanity. Your "Not wanting to face a challenge" comment displays your complete ignorance and possible stupidity. I will be challenging you to a debate on this immediately.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Making excuses for people who will not take responsibility will not help them.
Posted by nhstudent 2 years ago
nhstudent
I would like to clarify that there are clinical forms of depression, those types of depression are treatable with medication and psychiatry. The other forms of depression (which are not clinical) are in fact the person's choice.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Depression is simply not wanting to face a challenge that has presented itself and not knowing what to do about it. That is all it is.And that is always a choice.
Posted by DrizzyDrake 2 years ago
DrizzyDrake
You should do some research. Depression is a chemical embalance in the brain.