Jifpop09
MUSA

People living in Integrated communities are less bigoted

Jifpop09

Pro

I will be arguing that people who live in integrated communities tend to be less racist then people living in segregated ones.

seg·re·ga·tion
G6;segriG2;gāSHən/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action or state of setting someone or something apart from other people or things or being set apart.
    "the segregation of pupils with learning difficulties"

MUSA

Con

I live in a small town. It used to be all white. The homes are 52 years older now, and are being rented , Section 8 housing. The community is now very diverse, lots of color mixed in it. Guess what ? My white neighbors still don't like the Blacks or Hispanics and at local parties they talk badly of the Blacks and Hispanics saying they are running their town down. So if you think Bigotry is dead, think again. The government is trying to put people of all colors together, but, the white people aren't willing to accept others here. Some would say this is a more racist issue but is it ? Why is the government buying older homes to turn into rental properties ? Isn't it more of a divide and conquer strategy ? How many white men are married to black women vs. Black men with white women ? I believe the later is larger. White men will devil the heck out of another white man if he is married to a black women, but, white women accept black men because they want to be loved. I have seen this a few times , enough to mention it. My parents are still living. They are bigoted. They are ages 78 and 80. They live in a mixed community and aren't happy with that fact.
Jifpop09

Pro

Jifpop09 forfeited this round.
MUSA

Con

MUSA forfeited this round.
Jifpop09

Pro

Case 1: People that live united are not easily divided.

Think about it. If you know and live with another race, then its really hard to view them as insuperior. When you talk and interact with other races everyday, you learn that these people aren't much different then you . I'll admit it, when I was little and didn't get out much, I was somewhat rascist myself. I felt guilty about it, but it was hard to supress.

Then, when I grew up and mixed with my more diverse community, all those bigoted feelings I had vanished. They could not exist as they had no reason to exist. My mind could not prove all those bigoted thoughts to be true. When were segregated, all we have to go on is statistics. When were united, we know better.

http://americanhistory.si.edu...

Case 2: Places with segregation have more rascism.

I'm going to examine two of the most highly segregated places in America. Michigan and Georgia. As a mighigander, I know racism quite well. If you go to the inner city, you might run across the NOI, Black Jaguars, and other black power groups. If you go out to flint, you might see members of the KKK or skinners.

The same with Georgia. The black belt is infested with the NOI, and the outer rings have large neo confederate and KKK populations. Georgia is not only the most segregated place in America, but also ranks on top for the Southern Poverty Center's hate index, after California. Which also has a much larger population.

MUSA

Con

MUSA forfeited this round.
Posted by Jifpop09 2 years ago
Jifpop09
I trust my opponent will understand what I mean. I combined integrated with bigoted.
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Pfalcon1318
Well, if i asked, it isn't blatantly obvious. There really aren't any "segregated communities". Every community is integrated in some way, shape, or form. So your attempt to distinguish between "integrated" and "segregated" requires some kind of standard for the terms, as in race-based, gender-based, age-based, or religion-based, in order for it to even be a viable subject of debate. One again, a suburb is SEPARATE from other places, but that does not mean that everyone there is (as an example) white, Christian, and male. There are bound to be women there, as most people don't own/rent a house as a single person, there could be people of other theistic positions (including atheist, agnostic, and, ignostic). So you need to create a standard by which to affirm the resolution. As it is right now, your resolution is hollow.
Posted by Jifpop09 2 years ago
Jifpop09
Trouble? I only clarify things that aren't blantly obvious. Segregated means divided and Integrated me united.
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Pfalcon1318
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "integrated communities". You can't really debate this topic without having clear cut guidelines. Suburbs are "segregated" by your definition. Schools are "segregated" by your definition. These things are also integrated.

There are very few, if any, segregated communities.
Posted by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
That's pretty obvious.