Tracer11
asta

People need to stop protesting for certain things..

Tracer11

Pro

I believe that people just simply need to stop protesting for certain things, i will name my reasons in later rounds, good luck to who ever accepts my challenge.
asta

Con

Freedom of peaceful assembelly are in the US constitution, the 1st amendment (https://www.law.cornell.edu...).
Tracer11

Pro

yes and I understand that people should have rights to protest about some things but some other things are absurd... and they disrupt people and there every day lives, and I think that protesters should only be able to boycott in certain places and certain times to avoid disruption of other peoples lives.
asta

Con

What's wrong with protesting for the flat earth society as an example? As long as it's peaceful, it doesn't matter if they protest. Also the question you asked was, "People need to stop protesting for certain things.." This means that people should stop protesting for certain ideologies. However, this violates the 1st amendment and people should be allowed to protest for whatever they want.
Tracer11

Pro

Well we should be able to change the constitution because in is out dated but that was off topic, still back to the topic i was talking about, would you like it if a bunch of people were protesting right in front of your house at midnight, or would you like a bunch of boycotters in a library, there should be limitations for protesting, i think some of the limitations should be, no boycotting on private property, you need to have permission to protest in a city by the mayor or some other government figure. no protesting from 6:00PM to 10:00AM, you can not protest about things that make no sense or are already solved or are already getting solved.
asta

Con

"Well we should be able to change the constitution because it is out dated" Just because a law is old does not mean it has to change. The 10 commandments had the commandment, "Thou shall not steal". This is an old law. Should it be replaced? No. Laws should not be judged on the basis of their age.

"Still back to the topic I was talking about, would you like it if a bunch of people were protesting right in front of your house at midnight" With very few exceptions, this does not happen. If protestors happen to march by your house, they won't just stay there. They will march forward, unless your unlucky enough to live near the white house.

"Would you like a bunch of boycotters in a library" What's wrong with Boycotting? Boycotting simply means that you don't buy the product or service of a company because you don't like their product. An example is with Chick Fill A. Mny people boycotted Chick Fill A stuff because they didn't like the views of the owner. While I aggree wit the owner's views on that issue, opponents should have the right to not buy Chick Fill A products because of this.

While there should be limitations for protesting such as no rioting, vandalism, or violent behavior, people should be allowed to boycott on private property, people can protest any hour of the day that they want, if it's at night, then nearby residents probably wouldn't hear it due to them being asleep, and even then, it would just be a temporary noise that residents would tolterate and then they would enjoy the sleep afterwards. People shouldn't protest for things that already have, but they nonetheless still should have the right to. People also have right to protest about things that don't make sense. You shouldn't need permission from the government to protest peacefully.
Tracer11

Pro

Yes some old rules do still apply such as no murder and thievery but some laws are out dated such as right to bare arms so I think that the U.S. should change some of it's laws, also several reported cases show that people DO protest in residential areas as well as they do make lots of noise and not just "Temporary noise" such as when the major AIDS epidemic hit, people protested all through new York city and disturbed plenty of people. I think that protesting is just a disturbance to who ever has to listen to it, if you want to voice your opinion then do it with other means such as speeches or sending a note to the white house.
asta

Con

"but some laws are out dated such as right to bare arms so I think that the U.S. should change some of it's laws". People should be allowed to bear arms, legs and tumies. People also should be allowed to bear firearms. This is not a gun debate. If you want to debate guns, then that's a different debate.

If they are protesting AIDS, then they can reduce AIDS by eliminating homosexuality, but I digress, just like you do.

It disturbed people but if they didn't like the noise, they could close their windows, which is what they probably did anyways since it was Late November during the protest and therefore, it was cold outside. As a result, they probably wouldn't hear the protest much if they were inside the apartment buildings.

Writing notes or writing an editorial is one way to protest. But protest is also an alternative method to express someone's ideology. Also, a letter to the president won't effect your community much. However, a protest can.
Posted by asta 3 months ago
asta
I assumed that you were anti gun since your quote is, "some laws are out dated such as right to bare arms".
Posted by Tracer11 3 months ago
Tracer11
I know that the comment section is not the debating area but I was using AIDS as a example and the same thing goes for the right to bear arms.
Posted by asta 3 months ago
asta
You too.
Posted by Tracer11 3 months ago
Tracer11
best of luck asta