SandraGeorge
Reasonslap

People nowadays

SandraGeorge

Pro

I think people nowadays are much worse than in the past..
Reasonslap

Con

Having slaves was better than today? I don't think so.If you go far enough in the past, things are much uglier than today. Are the spaniards who slaughtered native americans, as well as other europeans, better than today? Is being a slave to the catholic church in medieval times better than today? Is it better for women back then, when they had no rights, and even were thought to have smaller brains?
SandraGeorge

Pro

I don't get out the point !
I don't agree with you unfortunately.
People nowadays are much more selfish. They lie a lot. I mean they behave badly.
I am talking about the morals.
I see humanity is at its worst these days.
Reasonslap

Con

Again, Slavery is okay in your opinion? Was it moral for people to have slaves? NO! We were as selfish as today back then. Hell, Many wars were started on selfish reasons. The war for Austrian succession was started from Prussia's selfishness. The spanish succesion war was the cause of the fear that spain may become one with france, a selfish thought, because Phillip would no longer control spain, which he would not want to happen. Morality was very twisted back then. You would be executed in europe for not being catholic throughout the middle ages. Is that moral?
SandraGeorge

Pro

SandraGeorge forfeited this round.
Reasonslap

Con

Well, good debate.
Posted by lol101 1 year ago
lol101
Con does make a solid point. Since you failed to establish what this debate is about by Round 1, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to say that Pro might lose.