Robert_Weiler
Kernel

People on the Terrorist Watch List and the No-Fly List should not be allowed to purchase firearms.

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Robert_Weiler

Con

I will be arguing that people on the Terrorist Watch List and No-Fly lists should NOT BE PREVENTED from purchasing a firearm based solely on their name being on one of these lists.

My opponent will argue that such people should be barred from purchasing firearms.
Kernel

Pro

Before I begin my argument, I'd like to inform my opposition and voters that I do not reside in the United States of America, and therefore I may refer to America in the third person.

People placed on the lists mentioned by my opponent are for the sole purpose of protecting American citizens and minimising the threats and dangers towards America. Therefore, it's only logical that these people shouldn't be allowed to purchase firearms. With shootings becoming more and more prevalent over time, it's essential that some form of gun control is established. Instead of completely abolishing the constitutional right to bear arms, restrictions can be emplaced on those that are more likely to commit these heinous acts. This helps to prevent acts of terror from occurring as often as they currently do, and ensures that these people don't pose such a large threat to America.

People aren't just placed on the "Terrorist Watch List" and the "No Fly List" for no reason. They are put here for the greater good of the whole of America. In order to be protected, certain people have to give up some of their individual freedoms (in this case being able to purchase a firearm). This is necessary for the safety and security of every citizen of the United States of America, not just those that lose this privilege. It's important to look at the larger picture, beyond those on these lists. If we do this, we can see that people on these lists losing the privilege bestowed upon them to purchase a gun is a sacrifice that needs to happen for the protection of all the citizens of America.
Robert_Weiler

Con

Robert_Weiler forfeited this round.
Kernel

Pro

Kernel forfeited this round.
Robert_Weiler

Con

Robert_Weiler forfeited this round.
Kernel

Pro

Kernel forfeited this round.
Robert_Weiler

Con

Robert_Weiler forfeited this round.
Kernel

Pro

Kernel forfeited this round.
Robert_Weiler

Con

Robert_Weiler forfeited this round.
Kernel

Pro

Kernel forfeited this round.
Posted by Robert_Weiler 5 months ago
Robert_Weiler
I apologize to my opponent for the Round 2 forfeit. It was unintentional and will not happen again.
Posted by Masonh928 5 months ago
Masonh928
How come Hillary can run for President of The United States, which in fact is the highest of the Executive branch and would be the Commander and Chief of the United States of America; something not to be taken lightly, and she very well may be indicted! How is she even considered to be a candidate?