SamStockell
IceClimbers

People should be allowed to own firearms

SamStockell

SamStockell

Pro

I hear some of my friends talk about school shooting and they start saying things like "nobody except the police and the military should own firearms". This is absolutely ridiculous... DEBATE MEEEEEE
SamStockell

Pro

Ok by accepting this you have stated that you are against all citizens owning any sort of firearms. This country was born out of people who thought that a well armed country (citizens) was te only way to protect against an out of control government that tries to take away our freedoms or against foreign countries (example of this is japan in WW2, japanese generals refused to attack the mainland of the US because "behind every blade of grass is a an armed citizen"). An armed populace is essential to the security and well being of this country an others as well. My second argument is: How fo you expect me, or thousand of others every year, to defend ourselves against criminals (burglars) who could potentially break into my house with a firearm and kill ne and my family? I own a gun because i know that even though it is not likely to happen, i may need to defen myself from a tyrannical government or an armed madman who is threatening my safety.
IceClimbers

Con

First I just want to tell you that this is not my personal opinion I'm just here to debate for the challenge of it and I'm here to do my best. I do not think people should be allowed to own firearms because it can be very dangerous and unfortunately not everyone is like you someone who will own a gun will take advantage of the situation especially if its allowed. I will serve many points in my third I was actually wanting more points on why you think this should be allowed due to very low reasons why u feel that it should be allowed we are going to do this debate without rebuttals and plead out case on the round 3 without me rebutting your claims and ill plead mines I want more explanation on why we should be allowed
SamStockell

Pro

That is a horrible reason for people to not be able to own firearms. They will take advantage of the situation? Its hard for me to understand what you meant by your argument but i believe you said that just because a select few criminals commit crimes with guns, that means nobody should be able to. Lets say the government confiscates all firearms... You think those select few criminals will just hand them over? No, and neither would i because all that does is take guns away from law abiding citizens while criminals still have them. People always say that gun violence in america is staggering. But deaths by people killing each other with hammers, knives, and their bare hands is much higher every year. Does this mean we have to confiscate hammers and knives? Of course not.
IceClimbers

Con

IceClimbers forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by texans14 3 years ago
texans14
SamStockellIceClimbersTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture. Con had absolutely horrible grammar for most of it. I believe pro only had one error and it was probably a typo. Neither provided sources.
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
SamStockellIceClimbersTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture. Con has terrible grammar.