F.Lawyer
jdog2016

People should donate their organs after their death!

F.Lawyer

Pro

To donate organs in order to save somebody"s life after your death, of course it is not easy decision. Many people strongly refuse but some halves of them are hard to come to such decision. I would like to say something for people who agree to be a donor. You can be confident that you made a noble cause and be sure that you will save someone. I think it is something bigger to feel that after your death part of your soul or body will live further. Think, what for your organs need after your death. In addition, during 48 hours one person dies waiting for organ donation. So, in my opinion people should donate their organs after their death.
jdog2016

Con

"Many people strongly refuse but some halves of them are hard to come to such decision."

Some cultures or religions do not believe in the transfer of bodily tissue or fluilds. Johovas witness does not allow people to have blood transfusions. Also, some Native Americans believe that the spirit of the person from which they have a recieved a organ from will haunt them. A lot of the people that I know that declined the oportunity to donate did so for religious or cultural reasons.

"You can be confident that you made a noble cause and be sure that you will save someone."

The simple answer is we live in a corrupt society where even doctors cannot be trusted. Peoples organs would be sold to who ever paid the most. When I die, I want to know that if were to donate any of my organs, that they would be SECURELY delivered to someone who truely needs them, not a "dick cheney".
F.Lawyer

Pro

I see, you mean under "Many people strongly refuse but"" refuse because of their religion, because of their beliefs. Ok I suppose agree with you! But about religion it is another debate! For instance, I do not believe that spirit of the person from which I received can haunt me. So what do you think about another halves of people who have a religion, but do not believe in the existence of spirits? Or Atheists and so on? What kind of reasons they have by not becoming a donor? Also you said "Some cultures or religions do not believe in the transfer of bodily tissue or fluilds". But I found one article http://patients.about.com... - where I read that many organs of people can transplanted. Even skin, stem cells etc.

And about your second argument: If I already decided to donate my organs after death, I must go to the centre of denotation in my country and of course fill an agreement stating that my some organs must be transplanted to the person who really needs in them. And I think my family or relatives can control it and care about it.
jdog2016

Con

"If I already decided to donate my organs after death, I must go to the centre of denotation in my country and of course fill an agreement stating that my some organs must be transplanted to the person who really needs in them. And I think my family or relatives can control it and care about it."

I have the same answere to that as before.

Also, the idea of my heart and liver and whatever else being inside of someone else creeps me out. What if one of those people is a rapist or something!! Think about that.

F.Lawyer

Pro

Yes it is possible but in a little extend. Do you have any examples?
According to Trisha Torrey, "The decisions about who will get those healthy organs and tissue need to be fair and objective. In the United States, organs cannot legally be bought or sold, and decisions about who will be granted the newly harvested organs are made based on level of need".
I understood that not all people can buy organs. Doctors give them only to people who in desperate need, who are on the verge of death. So don"t you think that, for instance, rapist who was close to death, can change his views to the life. It is possible as well!

Then you didn"t answer to my question "So what do you think about another halves of people who have a religion, but do not believe in the existence of spirits? Or Atheists and so on?" And I would like to add something about religion: "Most major religions are supportive of organ donation, although if you are concerned, you can contact a religious authority in your area"" " follow here for getting full information - http://www.wisegeek.com...#
jdog2016

Con

jdog2016 forfeited this round.
F.Lawyer

Pro

So, you missed your turn! Ok. Let"s continue!

Think, after death people"s organs become useless for them, but if they do donation, their organs can be very need for somebody who still has a chance to survive. It is like you pay for your sins acting in this life. Anyway we are all sinners! By becoming donor we can give opportunities to live not only one person even more. According to Wickman, one donor can save 50 people - http://www.healthguidance.org.... Moreover, statistics show that around the world 90 000 people are waiting organ donors and every month nearly 20 people are dying do not waiting them.

Imagine, if everyone after death had donated at least one organ: kidney, heart or liver, how much people they would have saved! Because there also a lot of children who want to live, who else did not see the whole life properly! "As many as half of the approximately 1,500 children waiting for organ transplants each year die before donors can be found". - http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

So people should think about being organ donors after death since now!
jdog2016

Con

jdog2016 forfeited this round.
Posted by tson63 4 years ago
tson63
no offence but not like they will need them for anything.