Fereska
Ariesx

People should have the right for assisted suicide

Fereska

Pro

I believe that people have the right to take the easy way out when they have a terminal disease. If there isnt a tested cure that is known to help them get back on their feet then they should have the option to end their own life through assisted suicide. This will help them end their life without pain, which they had to deal with a lot throughout their life due to the disease.

First Round Acceptance.

Looking forward to the debate!

Oh and please dont bring religion into this debate, this should remain strictly secular.
Fereska

Pro

Fereska forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Con

I am sorry that my opponent had to forfeit, but I am shore that he will be able to say something in round 2. I will respectfully pass.
Fereska

Pro

Fereska forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Con

Ariesx forfeited this round.
Posted by CucuGreen 2 years ago
CucuGreen
The family should, in my opinion, accept the person's wishes. Only because they disagree with the person's decision, they have no right to force him or her to stay.
Posted by Squirrelnuts57 2 years ago
Squirrelnuts57
What if the family wants the person to stay?
Posted by Soul.Purge 2 years ago
Soul.Purge
I would go to even greater extents and assert that person should have full rights to do with his/hers body whatever and whenever he/she wishes as long as those actions do not affect others directly. As example, I can see why it is illegal to jump from roof-tops- you can kill someone on impact.