LetYouVoiceBeHeard
preachertaylor

People should raise their children without religion and let the child form their own thoughts on t

LetYouVoiceBeHeard has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

LetYouVoiceBeHeard

Pro

Children should be raised without religion because religion can be controlling in the sense that people might not feel comfortable being themselves because it might go against their religion. If you are raised without religion you can be more true to who you are and make decisions based on how you feel about a topic and not how your religion feels. As a result you also can be more open minded to other ideas because you are not taught that people who don't think the way you do are wrong.
preachertaylor

Con

I accept the challenge.

However, our children will hurt themselves if they decide for themselves. For example, if a child wants to drink bleach or smoke tobacco would we be committing abuse on our children for stopping them from doing they're not supposed to do? the title of the debate is that Pro wants us to let our children drink bleach and thinks that children should decide to do bad things like talking or going with strangers. Would Pro really want our children to go missing or die from prescription drugs that look like candy?

Children are too young to make their own decisions. Parents should raise their children and teach them about right and wrong.

Now to religion, he probably means Christianity and not Islam as atheist and other of these Liberals condone Islam including Michael Moore. He wants to injects so called evolution facts like the Piltdown Man (a jaw of a dead ape) and Nebraska Man (a tooth of a dead pig).

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. - Psalm 14:1
Posted by preachertaylor 1 year ago
preachertaylor
I didn't suggest children who do not believe in tooth fairies would end up drinking bleach.

What I said is that what Pro suggesting that is we're bad parents if we stop children from drinking bleach or telling them not to talk to or ride with strangers. Pro suggests that children have rights to go with strangers who molest or rape.

Ibis what you thiink that Pro is suggesting is that children should have the right to be molested or raped by strangers. No wonder why we keep getting amber alerts is the rainbows and unicorns group called Progressives, fake seculars who condone Islam. Nobody cares that children go missing, the liberal left cares only about criminal immigrants, and wants to protect people who molest and rape children and then go on blaming the victim. Ibis is of the rainbow and unicorn fake secular group.
Posted by ibis 1 year ago
ibis
Con is suggesting that not believing in tooth fiaries are like drinking bleach. I believe it is the other way around....
Posted by preachertaylor 1 year ago
preachertaylor
You didn't read Pro's argument. He's suggesting that parents are bad for stopping children from doing bad things (e.g drinking bleach, going with strangers, etc.) Since Pro has forfeited, this debate will not continue. I win unless the site administrators fixes it.

And unfortunately I cannot create a debate when clicking on it the page says "true".
Posted by Smorfy 1 year ago
Smorfy
*our chance OF great education*. Sorry.
Posted by Smorfy 1 year ago
Smorfy
Preachertaylor, in your first paragraph you said children would harm themselves by making their own choices. However, if we educate them first (telling them that drinking bleach would kill them, for example) then they would not hurt themselves by making a choice (they wouldn't drink the bleach). In your second paragraph, the last sentence was absolutely right. Parents should raise their children and teach them right from wrong. Then, they can decide if they want a religion or not. You are arguing we let parents make an extremely important decision for their children, instead of educating the children and letting them decide. My family was Mormon, and because of that, we forfeited our chance for great education and moved to Utah (the 2nd lowest ranked state in educational funding). If I had been educated and allowed to choose, I may have been able to live somewhere more suited to my wants and needs. In your last paragraph, you make fun of facts that support the (widely accepted) theory of evolution by natural selection. Many Christians believe creationism and evolution work in conjunction. You can believe in both. You also falsely assume atheists only pick on Christianity. That is not true. Honestly, it is ridiculous! There is no reason for atheists (such as myself) to only pick on Christianity. If it seems like atheists pick on Christianity more, that is because there are a near infinite amount of branches, so it presents a near infinite amount of opportunities to make fun of it. Finally, your last sentence is a quote from the Bible. The Bible is a biased source, believing and trying to make others believe in God, so that quote should not mean anything. It is just preaching to the choir. Thank you, and maybe we could start a debate of our own, ha ha! :)
Posted by preachertaylor 1 year ago
preachertaylor
ibis if you think children should be allowed to drink bleach or go out with strangers, go ahead. Liberals think parents are child abusers for stopping them from drinking bleach or going out with strangers who are child predators.
Posted by Dirty-Morgs 1 year ago
Dirty-Morgs
why are so many people against religion on this website
Posted by ibis 1 year ago
ibis
Should parents be allowed to molest children minds? No I think not.
Posted by preachertaylor 1 year ago
preachertaylor
I accept the challenge.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Sadly many have done just that, and the end result is not open mindedness, but ignorance in the extreme. Looking at this from a real and reflective area. The World believes (without any evidence mind you) that you are the product of a microbe that somehow became a living breathing creature, although there is no such example in the annals of all science experiments from past too present.
Secondly, the world believes that the entire creation is because of a massive explosion which, contrary to REAL explosions created instead of destroyed. Forget about this very much indicates that there had to be a single massive object existing from which the explosion occurred which again has no scientific evidence of existence.
Thirdly the world further insists that you toss out all reasoning and believe that you, your planet and ALL OF CREATION is a product of sheer coincidence ..... lotto win after lotto win, for thousands of years.

Lastly .... that during this time your right to free thinking has put you at odds WITH the one who created you and all you see, and because you have CHOSEN mind you to wish nothing to do with Him, you are destined for eternal punishment, a debt THAT becomes payable immediately upon your last breath, and lasting for all of eternity.

I suppose given such thinking, I would seriously consider NEVER bring a child into this world, whom as a parent I would be so cold as to show such an unloving, uncaring, ungrateful and a depth of hatred to that child that I would be completely unconcerned for the child's immortal soul, because of my desire to be popular,accepted by society, and among the billions of damned souls awaiting judgement.

simply stated, not only does God truly exist, but He's watching everything you say and do, and yes, you will acknowledge Him, now or in the future.