shivybubz
Mirza

People should reply to messages as soon as they see them

shivybubz

Pro

well i think people should reply as soon as they see them because it gets annoying and boring waiting for anyone to reply back and i personally hate it .
Mirza

Con

Thanks for setting up this debate. I will make some short points about why people do not necessarily have to reply to comments etc. as soon as they see them.

1. While it may be annoying that people do not reply to messages immediately, there may be a reason for that:
--
a)
--
It may be that you speak about something that they do not know much about, so they spend some time reading about it.
--
b)
--
Sometimes you have to reply to many people, not just one, therefore you need some time to write a response.
--
c)
--
Nobody is forced to reply. Discussions going on on this site are voluntary ones, and whether one wants to reply or not, that is his own business.

2. I see a bit of double-standards from your side, since you're debating with someone but have yet to write an argument.[*Just for the point*] - I think you should stand up for your beliefs. But you apparently don't regarding this one. Maybe your opponent too hates this slow reply.

References:
[*Just for the point*]http://www.debate.org...
shivybubz

Pro

Thanks for responding to the argument and you have very good points over there so now referring back to what you quoted was "Sometimes you have to reply to many people, not just one, therefore you need some time to write a response"

well my response to that is if you know you are busy then maybe tell the person that yes I am busy and I will get back to you because if the response the person is waiting for is very important , this would waste the persons time and just telling someone that I'm busy isn't something that would take long to do so yea .

And then quoting another of my opponents points "Nobody is forced to reply. Discussions going on on this site are voluntary ones, and whether one wants to reply or not, that is his own business."

Well first this debate didn't start based on this site , it was a generalization so I don't think we can focus it to one site or use of messaging because while some messages would be things like someone necessarily doesn't have to reply to and when I started this debate it was referring to all messages

This was my personalized view with it I would like to say is if someone was waiting a very important message and that someone was you , would you like being waiting for hours for it , or would like being informed that they might be busy and will get back to you and some people get upset and get a rejection feeling which is not nice to feel as it gives out wrong messages and can lead to bad situations

Thanks waiting for my opponents rebuttal :)
Mirza

Con

This is mostly about personal opinion. I think people should do many things, but I cannot force them to. Similarly, you think people should respond to messages as soon as they read them, but you're entitled to your own opinion, and not everyone will pay attention to that, since most of us do what we believe is right. If I think it's right to reply later, then I'll do it. I don't have to tell you that I have to go.

Besides this, I'd like you to give me a definition of "important message", since you want people to reply to them immediately.
shivybubz

Pro

shivybubz forfeited this round.
Mirza

Con

My opponent's forfeit proved nothing but that you do not always have the opportunity or will to reply to a message, or post an argument. You are not obliged to reply, nor should you be. My opponent has also failed to give a brief explanation or definition of "important message", since I do want to know what could be so important on this site that you should respond immediately after reading it.

I thank my opponent for this short debate, and I hope that she does not vote for herself since I am unable to vote.
Vote Placed by Volkov 6 years ago
Volkov
shivybubzMirzaTied
Vote Placed by Awed 6 years ago
Awed
shivybubzMirzaTied