leopard
xxpatrioticxx

People should stop hating others based on their choice of TV show.

leopard

leopard

Pro

Basically, it is unfair for people to be discriminated about their choice of TV show. If you look on the internet, you will see many examples of people being bullied/insulted because of their choice of TV show. It is unfair and unjust for this to happen to people. A perfect example of this happening is the Bronies (grown males who watch the TV series "My Litte Pony: Friendship is Magic). Now, I am not a brony myself, but these people are a good example of people being discriminated against based on their choice of TV show. As a resident of the internet, I see bronies being bullied and hated on all the time. Some of the things people say to them are absolutely disgusting. I read a story in the news a few weeks ago about a brony killing themselves because they were being bullied about their TV show choice. Now, I'm not limiting this to bronies. Fandoms everywhere get bullied because of their TV show choice. This is why this bullying/hating must stop.
xxpatrioticxx

Con

Suppose the show was North Korean Propoganda? Any communism, if you will?

Then what? Are we supposed to NOT hate them, because our beliefs are different?

NK enslaves their people! That's inhumane!
leopard

Pro

First of all, I thank the neg for accepting my challenge.

Now, continuing my case. If someone watches a communism show, then they watch a communism show. That by NO means says that we should hate them for that. NK may enslave people, but watching a TV show doesn't. So all people watching this show are doing is, well, watching a show. It doesn't hurt anyone to watch a TV show. Hopefully that explained enough for now, I look forward to receiving your next argument.
xxpatrioticxx

Con

Suppose it was a TV show that promoted illegal shootings?

And the viewer you're accusing was actually supporting it, and claimed it was his/her role-model?
leopard

Pro

I think the neg has gone a bit off topic, but I shall rebut their material anyway.

If you are the viewer of this TV show that promoted illegal shootings, and took the characters as your role models, then that's up to that person. If said person, however, attempts to recreate the methods used in the show, they will be dealt with accordingly. Someone supporting this show is no reason to hate that person.

And may I ask how a show promoting illegal shootings would ever make its way on to national television?
xxpatrioticxx

Con

People should be able to hate others for reasons. Everyone hates someone or something, and people watching a certain television show can decide on hating that.
Posted by boom101 4 years ago
boom101
Well... I am a thirteen year old who enjoys music, from Mozart to dub-step to pop...
Posted by MysticEgg 4 years ago
MysticEgg
It's like one's choice of music too. As Dara O Briain put it:
"Oh no, but, but, but it's bad because you're listening to the wrong kind of sound coming into you ears!"
Posted by boom101 4 years ago
boom101
Still... hatred for something so small... it's stupidity... and shouldn't affect the victims life... in any way...
Posted by boom101 4 years ago
boom101
Television shows are made for a targeting age... my little pony is designed for little kids, albeit, if older people take interest in such a basic show, which motivates basic thinking to occur, attracting little kids, and making them think of possible ending of the show, which older people are watching, doesn't really help advance their thinking process, but because of how advanced their mind is, I guess it is okay for older people to watch television 'My little Pony'... however, if teenagers like me accept this, we might as well think, that age does not matter about what television shows we watch, and eventually watch inappropriate television shows... think about it, why on earth do we have ratings such as MA 15+, or PG, or G... then again, its the choice of people as to what t.v shows they watch, and how they choose to present themselves to the public society...
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
leopardxxpatrioticxxTied
Reasons for voting decision: cons arguments circulated around 'what if' statements that barely were related to the debate topic, and while people do have the right to hate people, pros arguments were unrefuted enough to imply that people shouldnt hate one another over tv show preferences, so arguments go to the pro.
Vote Placed by Cermank 4 years ago
Cermank
leopardxxpatrioticxxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't really address the topic, which was more of a normative resolution. This could have been an interesting topic. Con made unsubstantiated propositions and didn't defend them when confronted. Why should a person liking a NK propaganda show be hated? //Are we supposed to NOT hate them, because our beliefs are different// The answer, at least in my novice opinion, is yes. Con failed to substantiate his point here. Similar pattern in the next round. I would have liked to see something like why hatred isn't intrinsically bad vs why it is. Or a joke debate.