People should stop putting down atheists for contradicting religion.

I've seen a lot of people who dog on the atheists for contradicting religion. Personally, as an atheist, I don't believe we should be throwing ourselves at religion. In my mind, it's more important to focus on what we need and want for ourselves so that we can enjoy what life we have here. I don't think we should concern ourselves with what happens after death. But that isn't my topic. My topic is "Why do people seem to be constantly angry at atheists?" Even as an atheist, I support anyone and everyone in their beliefs, because I accept that I may be wrong in my own, therefore I don't go around putting down peoples' religion, so why do people put down my lack thereof?

The reel qestion is if ya want to go aganst jesus. Anyone wo goes against jesus is rong, so itz ok to bash tem

Just because atheists don't believe in religion, doesn't mean that it's okay to be angry at them and put them down, just like it's not okay to put down those who do believe in religion. People, nowadays, are constantly fighting for equality and fighting against people who look down upon others, so why is it okay to then put down an atheist for not having any religion? Also, those who say that people are wrong for not believing in religion are rather judgmental. Just because some would rather have the facts at their disposal does not mean that they are wrong; it means that they're curious and have a scientific mind. Quite honestly, people should not be so quick to judge those that aren't like them.

I think what we are missing here is that often atheists bash religious people's beliefs, not just contradict them. What you need to realize is that religion fills a gap in so many peoples life's that no other thing could fill, and honestly contradicting it and bashing it for no reason just is not helpful. Religion means so much to do many people and making fun of religious beliefs is just, honestly rude. I think that's why people are so mad at atheists so often. It is because religious people believe they are treating there rights and beliefs.

I noticed a good point in the comments section, and I think it should be posted in the argument: "Atheists contradict religion, and those who are religious contradict atheists. Atheists disrespect an idea, but religious people disrespect people." I believe your argument is quite valid, and I agree that often atheists bash religion, but religion bashes atheists too. That's what I've been trying to bring to light this whole time. Granted, religion fills a void that nothing else can, for some people, but what I'm fighting for is for people to quit "bashing" each other. Yes, atheists often dis on religion, but religion is also rather harsh to people.

duckmalone forfeited this round.
Posted by Boneyard 5 months ago
Jesus followerofchrist you sure are on a mission to free the world of unbelievers. Just answer me this, will you be on heavens welcoming committee. If so then book me a hot poker in hell which is way better then listening to your sanctimonious drivel for eternity.
Posted by CarterWelchh8er 5 months ago
Daniel u r actually so dumb
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 5 months ago
How cute!
Evolution is not atheism for one thing and you say i'm the sucker of the establishment. Even though christianity is far larger and is constantly having missions.

As said, adorable!
Posted by missmedic 5 months ago
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 5 months ago
your not spiritual, your lost! You do what is sin, you support what is sin .... neither spirituality nor religion can save you as you will obviously see for yourself ... in proper season as you are now in violation of Romans 1:18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

I warned you which fulfills my obligation to Ezekiel 3:18-19

we will likely not speak again. bye!
Posted by missmedic 5 months ago
Your description, with all the "me and I's" makes for a very egotistical god. I prefer a spirituality that frees me from my ego.
Your religion has a dogmatic and unquestionable assembly of rules that need to be followed without question. Spirituality invites you to reason it all, to question it all and to decide your actions and assume the consequences. True spirituality is something that is found deep within oneself. It is your way of loving, accepting and relating to the world and people around you. It cannot be found in a church or by believing in a certain way. Being spiritual to me is more important and better than being religious.
Posted by M8064W 5 months ago
Followerofchrist, I think that your argument for the religious side is a decent one, but just as someone else has said, how can you "bash" someone for simply not being able to think that way? I can see from your standpoint of growing up knowing no god and loving that you believe there is one is good for you, and we all need something like that in our life, and I guess you can say that my upbringing is backward from yours because I was raised christian, but certain things stick out to me because things just seem a little "iffy". I'm not trying to make anyone believe the same thing I do, I'm trying to get people to be nice to those who don't have the same beliefs
WhineyMagiciann5 ;
Hello again? I see your still playing the sucker for the establishment ..... how sad! Imagine according to YOUR evolution your cousins with, the Oak Tree, The brook, the chicken, the mouse, The ape, the flowers, you are Star dust? I suppose you CAN claim your Roger-Ramjet after all.
sort of reminds me of the Harri-Kishna, who walked over to the hotdog vender and said .... MAKE ME ONE...with everything!
Continued for missmedic;
But again the exciting part still had not happened! I KNEW God was giving me the choice to walk away and chalk it up to imagination ... OR ... to accept that HE WAS REAL?

The pastor asked everyone to bow their heads and he gave the invitation .... I've heard invitations before, but this one was like no other ..... it FELT like was ..... about to propose or something? I really mean a nervousness set in and all my senses were on fire! I didn't KNOW what to do, so I did the only thing that popped into my head .... I prayed! I said exactly this ...... Okay God I BELIEVE you do exist and that your Real, but the bible says you KNOW me? You KNOW there is NO WAY I can walk down that isle! (you know cause non-believers ALWAYS SIT in the last row .... right?)

So I continued and said .... I'll make you a deal (isn't that like humans? making deals, bargaining?) I said, IF ...... YOU CAN GET ME DOWN THAT ISLE ...... I'll be yours .... amen! WHEN I OPENED MY EYES, I kid you NOT I was half way down the ISLE .... (BELIEVERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LIE ...REMEMBER THAT!) I was AWARE, but NOT in control ... I mean I could SEE the Pastor moving closer to ME, but I couldn't SEE any of the people OR the pews .... I could only SEE a GOLD ....tunnel? From ME all the way to the Pastor!

The second I was close enough and the Pastor Touched ME? I was back, in control AND at the front!
I don't care what ANYONE SAYS ..... THAT WAS GOD! So I Him now and tell people of The God of the Bible, His reality, His Love, His Grace, His Forgiveness, But to those who will NOT hear ... I tell them of His JUSTICE, His HOLINESS, He CANNOT BE in the presence of SIN, nor will He!

Hell was created for the Devil and his angels, Not for man, God in His Mercy has granted Man the choice, to choose whom He will serve (yes-you serve one OR the other). God or the Devil, Heaven or Hell, the CHOICE? YOURS! Please take me seriously, for YOUR sake!
Extremely valid point and an excellent question. I only KNOW, because there was a time in my life .... I was raised , not Atheist but t not knowing anything about a god of any kind! Most of my life was just spent .... living. Not searching for anything, just going one step in front of the other, you know?

There came a time when for reasons I don't know nor profess to know, that I just began feel, I'm missing SOMETHING, I couldn't shake the feeling ...... I believed that it was monotony, That deep feeling that one reaches where they look around themselves and say .... really? Is this REALLY all there is to life?

Up down, happy, sad, live today, live tomorrow? Life began to I dunno .... just routine!

My wife was a church goer and she always took the kids, One day my daughter came over grabbed my hand .... she was I think 4, and pulled me and said, come with us? I mean whatchagonna do right? So I went!

I never felt nothin when I DID go to churches before .... and at first, it was pretty much the same thing this time, but during the service ... cause I really wasn't listening, I looked at me daughter, and although I had seen her plenty of times before ..... there was this .... I dunno ...... Glow about her face .... she Beamed a beautiful smile at me, That obviously was all it took, my heart melted naturally, and this time when I looked at the pastor, I dunno, it was as if there were no other people in the room? HE was talking to ME! He had me nailed down to a "T", my life of monotony, self interest, just living day to day!

I for the FIRST TIME ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD, what he was saying! I remember I was like ..... mesmerized? At the close I KNEW THERE WAS A God! BUT? I was came face to face with the most difficult part of it all ... It was almost like there was a psychic connection ... like I could HEAR God, and WHAT I Heard SCARED ME! I heard the word in my Mind "CHOOSE".
Vote Placed by Flynn1999 5 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: I am a Christian and i know so many people who bash on Faithless people. I do believe that you are missing out but i am not going to force you to do something your not. I wouldn't want you to bash on me so why would i bash on you? So here you go, have the win.
Vote Placed by DebaterGood 5 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to pro for not forfeiting