Jeonsaryu
mis_missy

People who abandon everyone for God are selfish

Jeonsaryu

Pro

There is no need for references, but feel free to refer to your holy scripture of belief to give information and support your argument. Accusations such as "Satanic worshiper" and "blasphemous" will cause your argument to lose value, so state your opinion and references, but nothing that counts as verbal assault.

If your family did not believe in God, and you did, would you abandon everyone you loved to ascend to Heaven? Given of course, that you would try to convince your relatives to have faith, but in the case that you would fail, what would be your decision?

To myself, and perhaps others, God has not shown to be a father. A loving father would raise his children, and guide them right from wrong; having faith in a one who doesn't even show his presence is painful and pointless to me.

If you would honestly abandon your parents, your siblings, your spouse, and your children just because they did not have faith, then you deserve to be alone.
mis_missy

Con

Hello:)
I found your topic interesting so I literally just made an account lol
I am a Muslim (and proud).
First of all, wouldn't abandoning Allah (God) be wrong too? Wouldn't it be wrong to reject our creator? On his own land? He had created this world to test us, to see who is the believer and who is the disbeliever.
Now think about it, if someone would for example convert to a new religion and their parents or whole family disagree, couldn't that be one of God's tests?
So now I am NOT saying you should go ahead leave your house and away from your family just so you can be closer to your religion. No. Try to sort things out and they would have to accept it, but if they don't, you will have to be patient with them,
Allah said in his holy Book:

"So be patient. Surely, the (good) end is for the Muttaqoon (the pious)"

[Hood 11:49]

It would be a tough road but always have your religion come first. Allah (s.w.t) does not burden us beyond our Capacity! " We task not any soul beyond its capacity. (7:152)

For at the end (afterlife) , your family and friends won't do you any good, for it is your good deeds and the worship to Allah (s.w.t).
Jeonsaryu

Pro

Jeonsaryu forfeited this round.
mis_missy

Con

Well not sure what I'm supposed to post here ....
But thanks for kindly forfeiting without all the negative comments people usually have against Islam, really appreciate it.
Jeonsaryu

Pro

Jeonsaryu forfeited this round.
mis_missy

Con

mis_missy forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
You want God to appear to you. Why? He would not say anything that is not in his book to you.Because seeing is not believing.All seeing does is give you mental ascent, not heartfelt belief.

That was proven after Jesus was raised from the dead. He appeared to 500 people. Told them to stay in Jerusalem till Pentecost. Only 120 showed up. You would probably be in the 380 that didn't.Because you want some kind of special feeling or you will not believe.

I have a friend that has trouble with alchohol. Am I abandoning him because I will not go to bars with him? It is the same. I am not abandoning anyone by going to heaven. They are just as welcome as I am, but choose not to go.
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
So it follows that if the rest of your family became Christian, you would too... out of loyalty to them.
Posted by JayConar 2 years ago
JayConar
I think you would find this to be an interesting read, Pro:

http://www.online-literature.com...