Fullova_Simon
m.tillack

People who abandon their pets should go to jail.

Fullova_Simon

Fullova_Simon

Pro

I think that all the people who abandon their pets should be prosecuted and sent to jail. It is wrong to leave a defenseless creature on their own especially when they have grown up living in a warm comfortable home with food and water at their disposal. When abandoning such animals they will surely die without the proper care that they were used too receiving.
m.tillack

Con

i disagree. pets are like humans. when those pets are left on their own, they are more likely to learn other special ability to cope with their surroundings. like humans, when the environment changes for them like going to prsion for the first time, those humans know they have to adjust to prison life to survive. anything less means those prisoners gave up on life. this is true in many sense because some prsioners who cannot cope with prison life commits suicide soon after.
Fullova_Simon

Pro

The only thing that makes humans and animals the same is their ability to show affection.Animals will not find themselves being in jail;some learn faster and have the ability to adapt to new surroundings but one must understand that only a small amount actually continue to live the rest die out because of starvation or the inability to protect themselves from other animals because they never learned those skills from being out in the wild or perhaps havn't interacted with other animals to learn
m.tillack

Con

i disagree. sure there are pet owners these days who abuse their pets and some do dies. but the only reason why those pets dies is because their are locked in a cage and and not fed. put those pets in the street to fend from themselves and one will see they will learn fast how to survive. it is a natural instinct that nature embedded in our genes including pets for survival. the reason why a small amount of pet do die is because their are gaged up by their masters and not fed, rather than releas
Fullova_Simon

Pro

Never less these owners should be punished for this crime; abandonment is not just about these animals being disregarded and cast out ,but as well as the ones who are being abused, locked up, and starved to death or even the ones who are forced to fight when only one can win and the other will die. No animals should ever feel that way it is up to us to love and protect these creatures and take them out of harms way they cannot decide for themselves where their life will take them but we can.
m.tillack

Con

i disagreed. most people who tortured animals have psychological problems of their own. those problems can either be mental or social. only a small amount of people in this country torture animals for fun and when they gets caught and go to jail, it is only than authority learn about their mental or social problems in the past that makes them behave that way. a healthy person who own pets are more stable and less likely to abuse pet than a mental one. so i feel they should be background checks
Fullova_Simon

Pro

No I disagree I don't think that it all has to do with mental or social problems but mostly because of money. look at Michael Vick he was caught participating in illegal dog fighting; he was a professional football player who made millions of dollars and he still wanted to make more. Most of these animals are caged and forced to fight which is sad because they behave in a hostile and dangerous manner because their owners have let them believe that this is how to act, this is direct abandonment.
m.tillack

Con

I disagree. Michael Vick is just one of those case that fit the minority of people who is healthy and harass animals for fun. the majority of people is mentally ill in some way that cause them to harass pets. in on instance the tv series called Hoarders depict a old woman who have many cats roaming her house in their own filth because the woman was to ill mentally not physically to take care of these cats and her self. most of these cats are neglected of the basic supplement like food.
Fullova_Simon

Pro

Hoarders is a perfect example because these animals are being abused horrendously; they live clustered together in dirty unsafe environments where their owners don't even realize that they are suffering these animals are shuffled to the side without a backwards glace. Anyone who has the intent to harm animals should be dealth with accordanly; whether its jail or being sent away where things like this could never happen again.They should not have the right to even own an animal with a past charge
m.tillack

Con

I disagree. rather than focus on sending these mentally ill people to jail because of animal cruelty, we should help these people get better. maby they do not realize what they are doing to these animal because of their illness. who knows, when these people are treated for their diseases maybe they will become better pet owners than most people in the world. therefore I stand my ground that those who abuse animals shouldn't be sent to jail but get help that they need because they might like pets
Vote Placed by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
Fullova_Simonm.tillackTied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't see any really convincing arguments from either side, but since Con essentially just engaged in mitigation, I can easily give it to Pro. I suppose there might be some benefit to these animals adapting to the streets, but I never see what it is. The fact that few non-mentally ill people will engage in this doesn't make it insignificant, nor does it make it less neglectful. I'm surprised I don't hear the argument that abandonment is better than direct abuse, which is what many of these families would engage in and far more dangerous, but given that I don't, I side against animal cruelty. Also, on S&G, please read over your posts before you post them, Con. Lots of mistakes.