DATXDUDE
Dalethejr

People who don't understand seperation between church and state are idiots

DATXDUDE

Pro

First round is acceptance.
Dalethejr

Con

I accept that Church and State should be separated. However, ignorance is a better word than idiot to describe people who believe otherwise. Church and State if combined would be a serious problem because of different interpretations of the bible.
DATXDUDE

Pro

Con misunderstands me. I said people who don't understand THE CONCEPT of separation of church and state are idiots.
Dalethejr

Con

I was foreshadowing this argument: Most people do understand the separation of church and state, but they are too IGNORANT to accept this as another point of view. Therefore they are not idiots, just too IGNORANT to accept it. The separation of church and state was created to allow anyone and everyone to keep to their morals and to believe what their religion is. But really the people who you say are idiots are actually following this law by sticking to their morals and believing what they think to be true. This is what the law was made for, to give moral/religious freedom to all.
DATXDUDE

Pro

The resolution isn't about the people who don't support separation of church and state, but about people who don't understand the concept of it.

Idiot definition: a foolish or stupid person

Source:http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Dalethejr

Con

Not understanding the concept of something is the definition of ignorance.

Ignorant: Lacking knowledge or information.
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
Nowadays, you have these radicals who propose laws like taxing churches, and forcing them to perform gay marriage weddings. Don't get me wrong, I support gay marriage, but the church is SEPARATE FROM THE STATE. Government can not interfere with religion, unless the religion is physically harming someone.
Posted by asi14 1 year ago
asi14
I'm tempted to accept, but I have to figure out how to run my Christianity Kritik
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
How do you mean?
Posted by fdsa 1 year ago
fdsa
I agree. We were not founded on Christian principles. Thomas Jefferson, their evangelical "hero" wrote in his "Wall of Separation" letter, "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state." Religion had no place in government. We allow the free exercise of religion, not the freedom to impose our religion on others.