Rugby890
Itsallovernow

People who purposely miss school shouldn't be allowed benefits in later life?

Rugby890

Pro

I think this would drastically help the situation in the UK where benefits are driving up tax rates. If these people didn't want to work for a future through education why should they be supported by other hard working people?
Itsallovernow

Con

There are many unclear points. First of all, what level of schooling (i.e. college, primary school, vocational, etc.)? Second of all, where are these schools?

Without knowning these things, there is currently only one point I can make, assuming we are discussing elementary through high school, is that these are children, and they do not have a clear concept of the future and ability to take care of themselves. This is why parents take care of them until they are of age and are primarily responsible for their future until then.

I anticipate your response. Thank you, sir.
Rugby890

Pro

It is for secondary school in the UK.

It is shown in many study's that there is a very high correlation between people skipping school many times over different years to people who later in life claim benefits.

What I am saying is that if you show people what will happen in the future it will make them take charge of their lives for the better. So it should have positive outcomes for both sides. It will also greatly reduce the amount of money that has to be put in to the benefits for these 'slackers'.

Yes their parents take care of them but 1 the parent should be making sure their children don't miss school and 2 people of a young age should still be able to think for themselves. If your saying they can't be held responsible so this measure can't be put in place what is the point of trying to give them an education. because by the standards you are suggesting these people don't seem to be able to feed themselves let alone learn.

Also this education that is being offered for free is such an opportunity that the people who choose to abuse it should be penalised no matter what age they're. Why should people have to put up with distractions etc in school.

Relating back to the point if you provide an insentive to learn then people are more likely to, this is why I think people who miss the opportunity of school on purpose should not be allowed benefits in later life.

I would like to mention thank you for accepting the debate it is my first.
Itsallovernow

Con

Itsallovernow forfeited this round.
Rugby890

Pro

My opponent failed to respond with an argument.

I'm new here so is this a forfeit for me to win?

I will just state my principal again.

I think it will be beneficial for this legislation to be put in place because of the extreme funds it would save. Also it will also significantly motivate people to get a good education boosting the economy and everyone's life.

Vote team pro! :)
Itsallovernow

Con

Itsallovernow forfeited this round.