Lilyamina
RationalMadman

People who skip school skip for a reason more than being bad

RationalMadman

Lilyamina

Pro

Okay, I want a clean debate. No swearing, no racism, none of that. Okay I'll take swearing but I'll do the same to you. Basically, I believe that people who skip school skip for more personal reason, not to just piss people off. If you think you got a good argument saying otherwise, step up.
RationalMadman

Con

Amended resolution: People who skip school skip for a reason more serious than rebellion are more morally valid than those who don't.

I firstly need to see how your 'moral code' works to understand where you're coming from. Thanks.
Lilyamina

Pro

First of all, I'm not too sure about what a moral is but I'll try my best. What I mean by "I believe that people who skip
school skip for for a more personal reason", I mean that when kids get punished for skipping, the first thing that the counselor or whatever will think is that the kid is a troublemaker. People nowadays don't really take the time to ever think about a good reason why that kid would be skipping classes. Basically, there is a WAY better excuse than "Because I wasn't thinking."
RationalMadman

Con

Animals, including humans and ants alike, are always thinking unless unconscious or dead (but they don't really count as an animal once dead for nothing physical functions). Thus, to use the excuse "I wasn't thinking" is to lie. Additionally I sitll fial to understand what your resolution is?
Lilyamina

Pro

Alright, you clearly did not get my point and right now, you're either some British guy trying to piss me off or you're trying to piss me off.

Resolution: People who skip school skip because something is affecting them to do things like this. I do get your point on your resolution though.

I apologize for what I said in the beginning of this statement but I'm only human.
RationalMadman

Con

You should lose your conduct point for using 'british' as an insult? This is indicating that to be annoying is to be british and that is very prejudiced and hence against the very nature of a formal debate.

Your resolution makes no sense. You say "People who skip school skip because something is affecting them to do things like this." This is not at all a proposition or something to debate. It is as if I were to say "People who buy thing because something makes them want to buy it." Where is the debate?...
Lilyamina

Pro

It wasn't meant as an insult.
If you're going to use a round contemplating on how I debate instead of what I debate, then that is entirely up to you.
If something has happened in a child's life that has perhaps "traumatized" them, would that not affect them? How are we to know how that will affect them.
It could affect the physically or morally. If a child isn't brought up right, they won't know right from wrong.
RationalMadman

Con

Skipping school is skipping school. At the end of the day you lose education and that's plain bad.
Lilyamina

Pro

Lilyamina forfeited this round.
RationalMadman

Con

Next time make an actual resolution thanks.,
Posted by Alyssajayde 4 years ago
Alyssajayde
I believe that some people do skip to be bad although there are other reasons why. Such as; if they need to do something dry important, see family, get a present for someone etc.
Posted by Lilyamina 4 years ago
Lilyamina
I did not say that. I said they skip because there may be a reason bigger than just rebelling.
Posted by GeorgiaAshley 4 years ago
GeorgiaAshley
So do you think People who skip school skip for a reason more than being bad,are doing the right thing or the wrong thing...
Vote Placed by InVinoVeritas 4 years ago
InVinoVeritas
LilyaminaRationalMadmanTied