TheInvader
matt8p

People who wear jackets in the summer heat are not idiots.

TheInvader
Started: 6/18/2014 Category: Fashion

TheInvader

Pro

People are different from each other.

Some people think that 110 degrees is very hot. That is their own opinion. Someone else will think that 110 degrees is a little cool. That is also their own opinion. If someone decides to wear a jacket when it is 110 degrees, people should not criticize them. It is not right to assume the fact that someone is an idiot just for wearing a jacket, no matter how hot it is. People think differently from each other. You never know. Maybe the person that is wearing a jacket has a doctor's degree and is a genius. You can never judge a person by the clothes they're wearing.
matt8p

Con

[1] People who wear jackets in the Summer are idiots, and i will tell you why. Why would one wear a jacket in the summer in 110 degree weather? Isn't that a little unusual, because our bodies want 70 degree weather, because that is room tempurature, and that is what we are used to. If the tempurature is colder than 70 degrees, we would want to wear a jacket to get closer to 70 degrees. If the tempurature is hotter than 70 degrees, our bodies would want to cool down to get closer to 70, not heat up to even more.

[2] If you are wearing a jacket in 110 degree weather, a jacket will certainly increase body heat by another 20 degrees, so your body will suffer 130 degrees, which is too much for the human body, according livescience.com, and will cause death over time, so people who wear jackets in the summer are semi-suicidal, and thus, they are idiots.

[3] People who wear jackets in the summer are unusual. You don't see average people wearing jackets in 110 degree weather. The people who wear jackets in the summer are not confident about themselves, and thus, they are and they look like idiots. People who wear jackets in the summer tend to hide themselves from the public, and sometimes, jacket wearers just want to hide their fat butt.

[1] Fat people who want to hide their fat butt.
[2] http://www.livescience.com...
[3] I know my opponent personally, and he wears a jacket in 110 degree heat
[4] Science
TheInvader

Pro

I believe that people should not have their intelligence based on what they wear and what they do.

In response to [1], there are actually many reasons. One might want to cover their exposed arms for some reason. Why they want to do that, we will never know. One might wear a jacket because it's comfortable. Not every single person is the same. One might wear a jacket to rebel against others. People always just follow what other people say. If the news reporters say that it's going to be hot outside, one will wear a T-shirt the next day. If the news reporters say that it's going to be cold outside, one will wear a jacket the next day.

In response to [2],

1. My opponent cannot just decide that the weather is 110 degrees.

2. My opponent did not even clarify if it was 110 degrees Celsius of Fahrenheit.

3. What my opponent stated about jackets in [2] makes it seem like he thinks that all jackets raise your body temperature by 20 degrees (again without Fahrenheit or Celsius).

4. In the website my opponent used for [2], http://www.livescience.com..., it states, and I quote, "Most humans will suffer hyperthermia after 10 minutes in extremely humid, 140-degree-Fahrenheit (60-degrees-Celsius) heat." This says nothing about how 130 degrees Fahrenheit can cause you death over time.

5. My opponent thinks that from reasons in [2], people who wear jackets in the summer are semi-suicidal. That is not true. There may be times where people don't know that they are causing themselves to die. That does not mean that they are idiots. It merely shows that they might not have researched what temperatures cause you to die slowly. As I also said before, my opponent's sources say nothing about how 130 degrees will cause people death over time, so what he said about people being semi-suicidal is just an opinion. (Again without Fahrenheit or Celsius).

Finally, in response to [3],

1. My opponent states that people who wear jackets in the summer are unusual. He does not state what usual people do, nor what usual even means. I think we can all agree on the fact that we are all different, and that we are not afraid of being different.

2. My opponent also states that people who wear jackets in the summer are unconfident about themselves. My opponent cannot speak for others, as he does not have any legitimate scientific evidence to prove that those people are unconfident about themselves. Also, my opponent did not state in what way that people are unconfident.

3. My opponent states that people who wear jackets in the summer tend to hide themselves from public. As I said before, he cannot speak for others, as he does not have any realistic evidence to present. Also, if people who wear jackets tend to hide themselves from the public, he shouldn't be able to know that they hide from the public, as they would be at home or somewhere private where nobody else can follow them. That is, of course, unless my opponent is a stalker, which he could be or couldn't be, but that is not a part of this discussion.

4. Lastly, my opponent states that people who wear jackets are mostly fat people who want to hide their fat butts. For the third time, he cannot speak for others, as he does not have any realistic evidence to prove it. Also, this statement makes my opponent be seen as a somewhat biased person who has something against fat people.

After all of the responses I made to my opponent's entire speech, even his sources are unscientific. Anybody can see that my opponent's sources [1] and [4] are completely unspecific and does not give anybody a good understanding of why my opponent is correct. My opponent's source [1] makes him seem very biased, and source [4] helps me show that my opponent has no actual source. Also, source [3] also is unrealistic because my opponent cannot just use one person as an example and state that all other people who wear jackets in the summer are exactly the same. And also, he cannot state that the temperature is always 110 degrees (AGAIN, without Fahrenheit or Celsius).

This long list of reasons are all reasons why you should vote for me, pro.
matt8p

Con

matt8p forfeited this round.
Posted by matt8p 3 years ago
matt8p
We live in America, and we use Fahrenheit
Posted by Complicated-Character 3 years ago
Complicated-Character
Yeah, I'm not about to judge someone's intellect by their sleeve length in summer. I might be surprised, but I won't hold it against them.
Posted by schachdame 3 years ago
schachdame
First it would have been helpful to provide the measuring scale (Fahrenheit, Celsius or Kelvin). 110 degrees Celsius isn't something you'll survive with and without jacket.

Also: it's about 30"C and i just made a hot water bottle for myself. But I am ill. And whoever feels the need to wear a jacket at this temperatures is only an idiot if he did not backup that behaviour with his doctor. Low blood pressure can be a reason (I suffer myself) and it's not always safe to ignore such things.
Posted by NatureGoddess 3 years ago
NatureGoddess
I know that I would never want to look like an average person, I love to be special, not a clone. And no matter how hot it is I always feel cold, I don't put jackets on but I wear shirts with long sleeves, but even if I had a winter skiing suit and boots in 45"C I wouldn't feel hot.
Posted by DonutBoy17 3 years ago
DonutBoy17
I didn't know that this was an issue haha. Nobody's intelligence should be judged on the clothing that they wear in the heat. There are many valid reasons why somebody would be wearing a coat in hot weather.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 3 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
TheInvadermatt8pTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
TheInvadermatt8pTied
Reasons for voting decision: con used ludicrous sources, forfeited one round, and as a result got most of his arguments rebutted
Vote Placed by Phoenix61397 3 years ago
Phoenix61397
TheInvadermatt8pTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con honestly had more convincing arguments. However, he forfeited and had ridiculous sources.