VERONIKA
Logan94

People who weigh more should pay more for travelling in airplanes.

Started: 5/2/2013 Category: Economics

VERONIKA

Pro

Hello, My name is Veronika and today I am debating on the topic "People who weigh more should pay more." and I am for this motion.
Logan94

Con

I am going to debate this topic on the con side. This is not even logical. Just because you weigh more does not mean you should be charged more. If this does ever happen it could extend to busses railways and all forms of transportation. Not only do the airports have enough to worry about with possible terrorists but now they will have to check your weight to make sure you paid the correct amount. Who would determine the "price per pound" and how would it be enforced. would everyone have to step on a scale. And what if you gained/lost weight since you bought the ticket, would the ticket then be void. This would take to much time to enforce, and peoples bodies will change. I realize that obesity is a problem in America, but this is not how you solve it
VERONIKA

Pro

VERONIKA forfeited this round.
Logan94

Con

Vote con

And i would just like to say it gets really annoying when someone starts a debate and then doesnt participate
VERONIKA

Pro

VERONIKA forfeited this round.
Logan94

Con

plz vote con. i thought this debate was going to be very interesting but she does not want to participate
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Really not wanting a comment section debate... What I posted was an idea for how I might go about it, were I running an airline.
Posted by Logan94 4 years ago
Logan94
1. there are not pre attached baggage fees for all airlane companies
2. The airport would have to have their baggage terminals redesigned, and not all airlines have money laying around to remodel just because you want peopled weighed
3. who is to set the "standard weight"
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
My suggestion is as follows (in agreement with pro).
1. There's a pre-attached "baggage fee" when booking the flight.
2. The person and their baggage get weighted together at arrival.
3. They get a partial refund on the "baggage fee" based on how low the combined weight is.