zxcvzxcvzxcv
Bakatakume

People with very low IQ's should not be allowed to procreate

Bakatakume

zxcvzxcvzxcv

Pro

People in the world are already stupid enough, but it seems that the stupidest people have the most babies. No wonder the world is so stupid.
Bakatakume

Con

I don't mean to call you a bully, but that is very capable of hurting other people's feelings.

By a "very low IQ", I will assume you this would go as low as half of an average person's IQ. If someone like this exists, we should be doing our best to help them by tutoring him/her, not discriminated them and taking away their rights as biological beings.

Discrimination has been proven immoral and harmful throughout human history. Taking away someone's right to reproduce because of his/her IQ level is a form of discrimination. I believe that the biggest benefit of studying history is to learn from our mistakes. Discrimination is cruel, and we should not be launching other forms of it.
zxcvzxcvzxcv

Pro

If I said, "I hate murderers, they are the scum of the earth", should I be worried about hurting their feelings?
Or if I said, "Rich people are the downfall of the American people" (not saying this is true, just an example), should I be worried about hurting their feelings? NO!

Very low IQ people contribute to the worst societal conditions for both themselves and others. For example, I don't know any genius homeless person. It doesn't exist (well maybe on VERY RARE occasions).

If they weren't allowed to procreate then in one generation there would be no more stupid people, and the world would be a better place.
Bakatakume

Con

We should indeed worry about other people's feelings, no matter what the situation is. We should avoid hating people themselves. We are all humans, we all make mistakes, and we can all get back on track with each other's help. I am sure of that. For example, I would not hate the murderer, but hate the act of murder itself. I would not hate rich people, but hate the process of downfall itself.

I very strongly disagree with your second paragraph. I will admit that IQ does have some contribution to a person's success in life, but not to a point of degree where your fate is basically dependent on your IQ level. Even if this was true, instead of blaming them for their low IQ, we should try to help them.

Now, I looked up the definition of stupid, and here is what I found: lacking intelligence or common sense. What the definition is implying is that "stupid" people are basically disabled people. Saying that people with very low IQ's should not be allowed to procreate is similar to saying that crippled people should not be able to procreate (which I hope you don't agree with). Again, instead of restricted disabled people's rights, we should help them in any way we can.

I always like to end with a little futuristic dream. Imagine this: a world where technology has advanced far enough where any disease or other problems with the human brain can be cured (including unnaturally low IQs). That would be pretty cool ;)
zxcvzxcvzxcv

Pro

Frankly, you're wrong.
Bakatakume

Con

Sorry, but I can't really have a good answer if you don't specifically state where you disagree.

The way to create a better world is not to attack people we consider "stupid" , but to show caring and kindness to others, no matter who they are.That's the best answer I can give for now.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Fun fact: did you know the nazis said the same thing and forced persons with mental and sometimes physical handicaps to not procreate? Others were killed.

Just saying, be careful with your words.
Vote Placed by Kreakin 3 years ago
Kreakin
zxcvzxcvzxcvBakatakumeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro evidenced nothing a was mainly fascist rhetoric. Con challenged Pro with reasonable argument. Pro was close to proving his resolution with his comments being self evident however.
Vote Placed by abelsmack 3 years ago
abelsmack
zxcvzxcvzxcvBakatakumeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well Con won by default and had better conduct.
Vote Placed by Skepticalone 3 years ago
Skepticalone
zxcvzxcvzxcvBakatakumeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro could have done better than, "Frankly, you're wrong", in r3 for his conclusion, and cost Pro the conduct point. No sources and S&G was identical.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
zxcvzxcvzxcvBakatakumeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was very offensive to persons who have mental handicaps. Con won conduct, arguments.