ben671176
Kosovar

Percy Jackson (Pro) or Harry Potter (Con)?

ben671176

Pro

Decline if you don't know much about Harry Potter.
1st round: acceptance
2nd round: Which schools (Camp Half-Blood, Camp Jupiter vs. Hogwarts) taught their students the best education
3rd round: Who would beat who in a fight: Percy's trio or Harry's trio (reasearch trios if needed)
4th round: Titans, Underworld monsters or Harry's antagonists (I didn't list them since there is many characters and beasts) would win in a battle
5th round: Greek magic vs. Hogwarts magic.
Comments round: thoughts, rebuttals.

Have Fun!
Kosovar

Con

Lucky you chose this, I read the books and I love JK Rowling. ;) I accept your challenge, good luck!
ben671176

Pro

Alright,
I will name the kids that attended the camps either students or campers

Language:
So Camp Half-Blood teaches students how to speak Ancient Greek and
Camp Jupiter taught campers Latin.

Coordination:
Camp Half-Blood taught campers how to stay together in a phalanx and taught them to make good attacks with their weapons and
Camp Jupiter taught students how to make legion walls and make testudos, samething

Individual Learning:
Camp Half-Blood has students learn particular to their divine parent (ex: Demeter kids: agriculture, Hephaestus'(s) kids: weapon and armor making
Camp Jupiter has Cohorts where campers no matter their parent, basically learn with eachother

Regular Classes:
Camp Half-Blood is a summer camp so students leave at the end of the school year to the real world. Except for some year-rounders.
Camp Jupiter has a city completely used for retired demigods to get college degrees, make businesses, and not feel threatened from the monsters and enemy gods/titans/Gaia since the legions in the camp protect them.
Kosovar

Con

Kosovar forfeited this round.
ben671176

Pro

ben671176 forfeited this round.
Kosovar

Con

Kosovar forfeited this round.
ben671176

Pro

So much for a debate.
Kosovar

Con

Kosovar forfeited this round.
ben671176

Pro

Hmmm what should I talk about? Rainbows and Unicorns. Hahahah haaa *ugh*/ just Idk, just kill me
Kosovar

Con

Kosovar forfeited this round.
Posted by ben671176 2 years ago
ben671176
Green made is work in like the 60s or some time in the 1900s.
Posted by schachdame 2 years ago
schachdame
He's a fiction author isn't he? That's a bit something different than the Illias and the Odyssey which are original texts by Homer and not modern-day-bent literature products for children and teenagers.

I mean Gustav Schwab already tried to make a readable summary of greek mythology in the 19th century and had to make a lot of selecting and polarizing (although enjoyable to read and still rather reliable) . That is even more difficult today because the reader is expecting to be mouthfed something in a form that he knows.
Posted by ben671176 2 years ago
ben671176
I read all mythology made from Roger Lancelyn Green. You ever heard of him?
Posted by schachdame 2 years ago
schachdame
I mean, I have not read the Percy Jackson trilogy but I have read the Odyssey and traditional Greek tales and however bad the Movies might be I've cried thinking about what they have done to a beautiful literature and mythology. There is contend and flaw that not even bad script writing could have twisted out of the original contend.
Bending the greek mythology for Hollywood-Entertainment somewhat in the style of yesterdays 7:1 in the Germany-Brazil game is what I expect from... Hollywood. But not from authors that should respect the art and complexity of the greek mythology by profession.

Harry Potter respects traditional tales such as those about dragons. In fact it uses them to show where they are "right". Asian dragons are described much closer to the asian picturing of dragons while creatures like vampires are only found in countries where stories about vampires have their origins. This is how you respect a culture's pride and history.