Talon5505
Romanii

Percy Jackson VS. Jason Grace

Romanii

Talon5505

Pro

I believe Percy Jackson can easily beat Jason Grace in a fight to the death.
Romanii

Con

I actually believe that Jason Grace would win in a fight to the death with Percy Jackson. Let's start with reviewing both of the characters' powers.
Percy Jackson is a very talented swordsman with considerable physical strength and stamina. Percy also has a special power as the Son of Poseidon to control any water that is nearby as well as summon any nearby marine animals to help him. Meanwhile, Jason Grace is also a very talented swordsman with very above average physical fitness. As the Son of Jupiter, Jason can summon lightning and produce violent electrical shocks, as well as freely fly around by himself in a controlled manner.
In "The Mark of Athena", Percy and Jason fought for the first time and showed they have roughly equal levels of skill in physical combat, but they didn't use their demigod powers much at all. Therefore, the only way to figure out who is stronger is by using logic to extrapolate what a clash between their respective elements would look like
According to the laws of science, water conducts electricity. Thus, from a purely theoretical standpoint, Jason's lightning would travel straight through Percy's water attacks (which Jason could have dodged by flying) and shock Percy. If Jason were to do this repeatedly, Percy would no doubt die, leaving Jason to be the winner.
This is my reasoning for why I believe Jason Grace would win in a fight with Percy Jackson, but I look forward to hearing your reasoning for why you believe otherwise.
Talon5505

Pro

Thank you Con, you have very good points.

Sadly, I have to point out that Percy heals from making contact with water. Even if it was electrically charged, the least it would do is at the most shock him like rubbing his socks on the floor and touching a doorknob. Not to mention the fact that from previous books, we saw Percy being able to use his powers much longer then Jason can. I believe regardless, The electrically charged water wouldn't change the outcome.

I pass the stage to you Con.
Romanii

Con

Yes, I forgot to mention that: Percy CAN heal in water. However, if lightning strikes a body of water, everything in that body of water gets shocked just a badly as if they had been struck by lightning directly. Most people who are struck by lightning die; in the rare cases that they survive, they are still knocked unconscious. If Percy gets struck by lightning and becomes unconscious, the water won't heal him fast enough for him to immediately get back up as if nothing happened. There would be plenty of time for Jason to jump in with his sword and finish Percy off.
The statement that Percy can use his powers longer than Jason can be said only because we have become much more familiar with Percy's combat than Jason's. After all, Jason has only been a main character in 3 books, whereas Percy has been the main character in 7. I'm sure that Jason has just as much endurance as Percy; it was stated that Jason took down Krios by himself along with all of Mt. Othrys.

Thank you for your arguments. I hope to hear from you soon.
Talon5505

Pro

Thank you Con.

Sadly, Percy controls water meaning he could stop the electrical water from reaching him. He could Then send it right back at Jason. Jason can't heal from electricity, I'm sure it would at least hurt him a bit. So his electrical water tactic fails. Percy also has more experience.

Your turn.
Romanii

Con

What? No, that is not how it works. Electricity travels much, much faster than the human mind could possibly react. And even his Percy's reflexes were THAT good, the flow of water can't turn around an electrical current as strong as a lightning bolt!
Your argument that "Percy has more experience" is also flawed. It was stated that Jason has been training in Camp Jupiter's Roman Legions since age 2, whereas Percy only started training at Camp Half Blood at age 12. That is a 10 year difference in combat experience. In addition, Jason stayed at Camp Jupiter year long, only leaving for quests, whereas Percy only came to Camp Half Blood during the Summers and during Winter Break.

Your turn again, Pro
Talon5505

Pro

Talon5505 forfeited this round.
Romanii

Con

We still have 2 rounds left...
I hope you don't plan on forfeiting those too...
I was looking forward to your next argument...
Talon5505

Pro

Talon5505 forfeited this round.
Romanii

Con

Okay, then.
I proclaim myself the winner since my opponent failed to offer any rebuttals to points.
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
So we'll know who the winner is in... late April of 2014
-_-
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
Talon5505RomaniiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit